Karen Buchanan appointed Publicis London chief executive
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 March 2011 07:00AM
Publicis London has parted company with its chief executive Neil Simpson and replaced him with The Red Brick Road's managing partner Karen Buchanan.
Buchanan will join the agency in the coming months, reporting directly to Publicis Group UK’s chairman and chief executive Nigel Jones.
She has worked at The Red Brick Road since 2006, running all aspects of the agency’s Tesco account.
Previously, Buchanan was at DDB UK, where she had worked her way up to head of account management.
Simpson had been chief executive of the agency since 2007 but is leaving as part of a restructure that follows Publicis Groupe’s acquisition of the direct and digital specialist Chemistry Communications, which has now officially gone through.
Chemistry will be merged with Publicis Dialog to create the UK’s second largest direct marketing agency. The new agency, which will assume the Chemistry name, will consist of more than 250 staff and have revenues approaching £30 million. It will be led by Chemistry chief executive Joe Garton, managing director Diane Charlton and Dialog’s chief executive Mike Welsh.
Publicis Modem and Publicis Blueprint will sit alongside Publicis London and Chemistry in a four agency UK group.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Modelling Manager Premier Media £30000 - £35000 per annum, East London
- CGI Artist Premier Media £25000 - £30000 per annum, East London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot