Publicis buys Kitcatt Nohr to merge with Digitas
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 March 2011 08:00AM
Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw, the UK-based direct marketing and digital agency, has been acquired by Publicis Groupe for an undisclosed sum.
The agency will now be merged with Digitas in the UK, creating a new agency called Kitcatt Nohr Digitas, which will become part of the VivaKi group of agencies.
The new operation will have around 160 people and will boast a client list that includes Procter & Gamble, John Lewis, Lexus and Delta Airlines.
It will be led by the Kitcatt Nohr founders Marc Nohr and Paul Kitcatt, who take on the roles of chief executive and chief creative officer respectively. The pair will report to Stephan Beringer, the president of Digitas International.
Vonnie Alexander, the client partner at Kitcatt Nohr, will take on the role of chief client officer, while Jeremy Shaw, the Kitcatt Nohr chairman, becomes commercial director.
Sav Evangelou, the executive creative director of Digitas London, will now take on a broader international role, responsible for handling the network’s multinational clients. He will report to Marc Beeching, the chief creative officer of Digitas worldwide.
James Sanderson, the UK president of Digitas, has left following the deal.
Kitcatt Nohr launched in 2002 and has been the result of speculation regarding possible acquisitions on several occasions, most notably in 2008 when it was thought to have been the subject of an approach from Engine.
Publicis Groupe rolled-out VivaKi in June 2008 as a way of aiming to put digital "at the heart" of all of Publicis’ operations. The offering currently includes Razorfish, Denuo, Starcom MediaVest and ZenithOptimedia.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Designer 20-35k London - Advertising Tech Company Creative Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- senior account director > RETAIL > GLOBAL AGENCY collectivo Salary confidential, London
- social media account manager > DRINKS BRAND collectivo to £25-30k + amazing bens, London
- Press Investment Senior Exec Aspire £25000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
- Group Marketing Manager - Leading Media Business ADLIB £30000 - £40000 per annum, Bath
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham