Game Group looks to consolidate ads
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 March 2011 11:40AM
Game Group, the video games retailer, is talking to agencies as it looks to consolidate its advertising arrangements across Northern Europe.
The agency currently works with a number of agencies in markets including France and Sweden. Cheethambell JWT, the Manchester-based agency, was appointed to Game's £4 million UK ad account in 2004 and is expected to repitch for the business.
The appointed agency will be responsible for handling all the advertising for the main Game retail brand and its sister company and online brand Gamestation.
Work on the integrated account will focus heavily on digital activity, as Game looks to boost its online presence and move away from a price-led strategy towards a greater focus on brand-building.
The review follows the appointment of Game's new chief marketing officer, Dave Hughes, who joined the company last month.
Game Group was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ARTWORKER - CREATIVE COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- 2D DESIGNER - LIVE COMMUNCATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot