Game Group looks to consolidate ads
Game Group, the video games retailer, is talking to agencies as it looks to consolidate its advertising arrangements across Northern Europe.
The agency currently works with a number of agencies in markets including France and Sweden. Cheethambell JWT, the Manchester-based agency, was appointed to Game's £4 million UK ad account in 2004 and is expected to repitch for the business.
The appointed agency will be responsible for handling all the advertising for the main Game retail brand and its sister company and online brand Gamestation.
Work on the integrated account will focus heavily on digital activity, as Game looks to boost its online presence and move away from a price-led strategy towards a greater focus on brand-building.
The review follows the appointment of Game's new chief marketing officer, Dave Hughes, who joined the company last month.
Game Group was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Comms Acount Director- Leading Beauty FMCG - £55K Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager - SPORTS BRAND - £35K Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager! BRAND LED ACCOUNTS!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Branding up to £39k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £39000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film