Game Group looks to consolidate ads
Game Group, the video games retailer, is talking to agencies as it looks to consolidate its advertising arrangements across Northern Europe.
The agency currently works with a number of agencies in markets including France and Sweden. Cheethambell JWT, the Manchester-based agency, was appointed to Game's £4 million UK ad account in 2004 and is expected to repitch for the business.
The appointed agency will be responsible for handling all the advertising for the main Game retail brand and its sister company and online brand Gamestation.
Work on the integrated account will focus heavily on digital activity, as Game looks to boost its online presence and move away from a price-led strategy towards a greater focus on brand-building.
The review follows the appointment of Game's new chief marketing officer, Dave Hughes, who joined the company last month.
Game Group was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Assistant - 6 Month Contract - Richmond Ninesharp Negotiable, Richmond upon Thames
- Project Manager Dynamic New Alliances £28000.00 - £36000.00 per annum, City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up