Game Group looks to consolidate ads
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 March 2011 11:40AM
Game Group, the video games retailer, is talking to agencies as it looks to consolidate its advertising arrangements across Northern Europe.
The agency currently works with a number of agencies in markets including France and Sweden. Cheethambell JWT, the Manchester-based agency, was appointed to Game's £4 million UK ad account in 2004 and is expected to repitch for the business.
The appointed agency will be responsible for handling all the advertising for the main Game retail brand and its sister company and online brand Gamestation.
Work on the integrated account will focus heavily on digital activity, as Game looks to boost its online presence and move away from a price-led strategy towards a greater focus on brand-building.
The review follows the appointment of Game's new chief marketing officer, Dave Hughes, who joined the company last month.
Game Group was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, Manchester
- Campaign Manager,Professional services,London,£50k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: +excellent benefits, London
- Junior Global Strategist Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Designer fishtank £25000 - £28000 per annum, West London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER CHARITY & EDUCATION Barker Graves Up to £35k + bens, North London
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building