Unilever names Mathieu senior VP marketing
Unilever, the FMCG giant, has appointed Marc Mathieu to the role of senior vice president of marketing, bringing CMO Keith Weed's overhaul of the marketing team to an end.
Mathieu, who will start on 1 April, will report directly to Keith Weed, chief marketing and communications officer at Unilever, and will be responsible for a "step-change" in the marketing of the Unilever brand.
His role is expected to be instrumental in Unilever's ambition of doubling the size of the business while reducing its environmental impact.
Mathieu has previously held senior marketing roles at Coca-Cola, where he developed the 'Coke side of life' campaign, and launched Coke Zero into 50 markets.
Mathieu will lead a team of senior marketers comprised of Paul Nevett, vice president Unilever brand, Paula Quazi, vice president future communications, Ros Walker, vice president marketing capability & academy, Jorgen Bartsch, vice president marketing services and Helena Ganczakowski, vice president agency relations.
Keith Weed, chief marketing and communications officer, Unilever, said: "The fact that we have attracted a marketer of Marc's calibre demonstrates just how exciting a place Unilever is to do marketing right now.
"His appointment completes the redesign of my marketing, communications and sustainability leadership team. This talented group of individuals combines the knowledge, experience, and energy to ensure we become a truly exceptional marketing company – consistently."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Head of Marketing - Industry Leading Company - Kent Ninesharp £75000 - £85000 per annum + Car Allowance, Bonus + Benefits TBC, Folkestone
- Account Director - Events The Great & The Good Negotiable, London
- Digital Marketing Controller - Sky Store (12m contract) Sky Negotiable, London
- Junior Affiliate marketing executive Salt £150 - £200 per day, City of London
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Kevin Dundas leaves Droga5 Europe
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity