Unilever names Mathieu senior VP marketing
Unilever, the FMCG giant, has appointed Marc Mathieu to the role of senior vice president of marketing, bringing CMO Keith Weed's overhaul of the marketing team to an end.
Mathieu, who will start on 1 April, will report directly to Keith Weed, chief marketing and communications officer at Unilever, and will be responsible for a "step-change" in the marketing of the Unilever brand.
His role is expected to be instrumental in Unilever's ambition of doubling the size of the business while reducing its environmental impact.
Mathieu has previously held senior marketing roles at Coca-Cola, where he developed the 'Coke side of life' campaign, and launched Coke Zero into 50 markets.
Mathieu will lead a team of senior marketers comprised of Paul Nevett, vice president Unilever brand, Paula Quazi, vice president future communications, Ros Walker, vice president marketing capability & academy, Jorgen Bartsch, vice president marketing services and Helena Ganczakowski, vice president agency relations.
Keith Weed, chief marketing and communications officer, Unilever, said: "The fact that we have attracted a marketer of Marc's calibre demonstrates just how exciting a place Unilever is to do marketing right now.
"His appointment completes the redesign of my marketing, communications and sustainability leadership team. This talented group of individuals combines the knowledge, experience, and energy to ensure we become a truly exceptional marketing company – consistently."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Senior Shopper Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Visual Merchandiser & Store Design Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £80 - £150 per day, London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood