Unilever names Mathieu senior VP marketing
Unilever, the FMCG giant, has appointed Marc Mathieu to the role of senior vice president of marketing, bringing CMO Keith Weed's overhaul of the marketing team to an end.
Mathieu, who will start on 1 April, will report directly to Keith Weed, chief marketing and communications officer at Unilever, and will be responsible for a "step-change" in the marketing of the Unilever brand.
His role is expected to be instrumental in Unilever's ambition of doubling the size of the business while reducing its environmental impact.
Mathieu has previously held senior marketing roles at Coca-Cola, where he developed the 'Coke side of life' campaign, and launched Coke Zero into 50 markets.
Mathieu will lead a team of senior marketers comprised of Paul Nevett, vice president Unilever brand, Paula Quazi, vice president future communications, Ros Walker, vice president marketing capability & academy, Jorgen Bartsch, vice president marketing services and Helena Ganczakowski, vice president agency relations.
Keith Weed, chief marketing and communications officer, Unilever, said: "The fact that we have attracted a marketer of Marc's calibre demonstrates just how exciting a place Unilever is to do marketing right now.
"His appointment completes the redesign of my marketing, communications and sustainability leadership team. This talented group of individuals combines the knowledge, experience, and energy to ensure we become a truly exceptional marketing company – consistently."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Retail Space Analyst Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + car + benefits, Nottinghamshire
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Upto £90K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned