Mr Men creates Little Miss Princess character ahead of Royal Wedding
By Sarah Shearman, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 04 March 2011 08:56AM
Mr Men is introducing a new character, Little Miss Princess, ahead of the Royal Wedding in April, to mark the 40th anniversary of the popular children's book series created by Roger Hargreaves.
The new Little Miss will appear in two new books – ‘Little Miss Princess’, the 34th Mr Men title on sale from Monday (7 March), and ‘Little Miss Princess and the Very Special Wedding’, a colouring and sticker storybook, which will be available from 4 April.
In Little Miss Princess, a kind-hearted princess attempts to help her fellow Little Miss and Mr Men friends with their chores, and the challenges she faces as she has never had to do things herself.
Little Miss Princess and the Very Special Wedding follows Little Miss Princess’ attempts to get to an important wedding on time, but is hindered by Mr Men mishaps along the way.
Both are written and illustrated by Hargreaves' son, Adam. Over the past 40 years, more than 100 million Mr Men and Little Miss books, published by Egmont Publishing Group, have been sold worldwide, and more than three million Mr Men and Little Miss books are sold every year.
David Riley, managing director of Egmont, admitted the new character had been commissioned in spring last year, before Prince William proposed, but said he was "delighted" with the tie-up.
He added: "We look forward to celebrating both the Mr Men’s 40th anniversary and the Royal Wedding with our two Little Miss Princess titles. She is an endearing addition to the classic collection who will charm readers of all ages."
In October last year, Specsavers used the Mr Men characters in an ad campaign, created in-house, to promote its glasses range for children.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Business Director - Networked Agency Fill Recruitment to £90k, London
- Strategy Director - Marketing Strategy Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £100k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Domino's Pizza launches TV ad for cheese and smokey bacon stuffed crust
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account