Volkswagen readies email 'driving' campaign
By Ed Owen, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 07 March 2011 03:40PM
Volkswagen is launching an email campaign later this week to promote its range of cars, using typography that encourages the viewer to scroll and steer the message across the screen.
Created by Proximity London, the campaign will send out 18 different mails, one for each of its products, containing £500 discount offers and invitations for test-drives.
The emails are too wide to fit onto computer screens so viewers must scroll the page to the right to reveal the whole message.
A brief story is told about each car, using the copy as a road that the reader must follow. At the end of the message, viewers are invited to test-drive the cars for themselves.
Each email reflects a different car – bright colours are used for the Beetle and a dark night drive has been created for the upmarket Phaeton.
The email push forms part of a wider multi-channel campaign that will run over the coming nine months. Further messages will be targeted at potential consumers who are researching their choice of cars.
Volkswagen, last month, launched a new iPhone app by DDB, which allows users to customise their cars.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Account Director - top agency in Leeds Perfect Marketing People To £60k, Leeds
- Assistant Brand Manager AF Selection £mid 20's, West Midlands
- Digital Senior Account Manager - top agency nr Chester Perfect Marketing People To £35k, Chester
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England