Albion to launch agency in the US
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 09 March 2011 08:00AM
Albion, the independent UK agency, is expanding abroad for the first time with the launch of a US office.
Called Albion West Coast, the offering will be based in Los Angeles, and will open with Air New Zealand as its first client.
Albion London is already the incumbent on Air New Zealand’s pan-European advertising business, but has now added the airline’s ad account in North America and Canada to his responsibilities. 72 and Sunny was the previous incumbent on the business.
Albion West Coast will be headed Kaya Haig, who has joined the start-up from Goodby Silverstein & Partners, where she worked as an account director.
The agency has also kicked off a recruitment process to find the appropriate people to fill other senior positions.
Jason Goodman, the founder of Albion, said: "We’re extremely excited to kick off Albion in a place where we can learn so much from the best entrepreneurs in technology and entertainment."
Albion West Coast’s first work for Air New Zealand will be to launch the airline’s new 777-300ER aircraft, which will be introduced in April and features the Economy Skycouch, a trio of economy seats that can be joined together to create a flexible space.
Albion London has worked with Air New Zealand in Europe since 2008, and last year launched a press and outdoor campaign that showed consumer’s how Air New Zealand has "redesigned" the long-haul travel experience.
Its other UK clients the O2 brand Giffgaff and imaging company Epson.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Studio Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £29000 - £32000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure