MediaCom tops £1bn...again
By Suzanne Bidlake, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 11 March 2011 10:44AM
MediaCom maintained its number-one media agency spot by posting billings of more than £1bn after a dip below that figure in 2009.
The WPP agency dwarfed its rivals in 2010, while Carat and OMD were the only two top ten media agencies that failed to grow their billings, according to The Nielsen Company.
Carat slipped from third in 2009 to sixth after Mindshare, ZenithOptimedia and MEC all recorded growth. OMD held on to second place despite the 2009 loss of the £90 million Reckitt Benckiser account to ZenithOptimedia. Walker Media and PHD’s billings also grew impressively while WPP’s Maxus was the brightest star further down the charts. The agency nearly trebled its billings last year, thanks to wins from BT and Fiat.
The full tables and School Reports will appear in Campaign on 18 March.
|Top 20 Media Agencies 2010|
|Rank||Rank||Agency||Billings 2010||Billings 2009||Year-on-year|
|19||25||All Response Media||59.74||36.41||64.1|
Source: The Nielsen Company
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Brand Client Partners - Leading Media Agency - Global Client Ultimate Asset £70000 - £80000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Comms Planning Manager - Gaming/Entertainment Brand - Media Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Senior Account Manager / Account Manager David Thatcher Recruitment £32-40k dep experience, Surrey