MediaCom tops £1bn...again
By Suzanne Bidlake, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 11 March 2011 10:44AM
MediaCom maintained its number-one media agency spot by posting billings of more than £1bn after a dip below that figure in 2009.
The WPP agency dwarfed its rivals in 2010, while Carat and OMD were the only two top ten media agencies that failed to grow their billings, according to The Nielsen Company.
Carat slipped from third in 2009 to sixth after Mindshare, ZenithOptimedia and MEC all recorded growth. OMD held on to second place despite the 2009 loss of the £90 million Reckitt Benckiser account to ZenithOptimedia. Walker Media and PHD’s billings also grew impressively while WPP’s Maxus was the brightest star further down the charts. The agency nearly trebled its billings last year, thanks to wins from BT and Fiat.
The full tables and School Reports will appear in Campaign on 18 March.
|Top 20 Media Agencies 2010|
|Rank||Rank||Agency||Billings 2010||Billings 2009||Year-on-year|
|19||25||All Response Media||59.74||36.41||64.1|
Source: The Nielsen Company
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Design. #BANNERCAMPAIGNS #EMAILDESIGNS Creative Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- JUNIOR DIGITAL DESIGNER #ESHOTS #WEBDESIGN #SOCIALMEDIA Creative Recruitment £25000 per annum, London
- Junior Artworker #RETAIL #FASHION #CONSUMERGOODS #PACKAGING Creative Recruitment £23000 per annum, London