TBWA Greater China hires Edmund Choe as co-president
By Kate Nicholson, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 11 March 2011 08:31AM
SHANGHAI - TBWA Greater China has appointed Edmund Choe as co-president and head of creative.
Choe was previously chief creative officer for Greater China at Saatchi & Saatchi.
He will start his role at TBWA in May 2011. Choe joins group president Ian Thubron and together, as partners, they will run the agency’s operations across the Greater China region.
Choe spent the last two decades at Saatchi & Saatchi in Malaysia, Singapore and latterly as chief creative officer for Greater China based in Beijing. Under his leadership, Saatchi & Saatchi was voted Agency of the Year and widely recognised in both creative and effectiveness awards.
"Our avowed aim is to be one of the ten most creative companies in the world, so I didn’t want to hire someone to make ads - even very good ads," said Thubron. "I wanted to find a partner to join me in leading China’s most creative ideas company. Ed has an impeccable pedigree. Creatively driven, great people and team-building skills and an incredibly nice guy to boot. The perfect partner."
Commenting on his appointment, Choe added, "TBWA has strong creative recognition in China, winning the first Cannes Gold Lion, for example. But what’s really exciting for me is elevating ‘creative’ beyond advertising to the entire Media Arts spectrum. It’s a bold canvas on which to paint and I’m delighted to be joining Ian in our quest to create China’s most creative company."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Loyalty Programme Executive Stopgap £25000 - £30000 per annum, City of London
- Head of Programmatic - Leading Publisher silverdrum to £65,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager (6-9 months) Stopgap £38000 per annum, London
- PR and Communications Manager Stopgap £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Canadian airline's Christmas 'miracle' tops chart
- KFC unveils Twitter comp winner in X Factor ad
- EE uses Santa as a case study to promote 4G
- VCCP on becoming Advertising Agency of the Year
- Luca Lindner named as global president of McCann
- Revlon appoints Profero as European digital agency