TBWA Greater China hires Edmund Choe as co-president
By Kate Nicholson, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 11 March 2011 08:31AM
SHANGHAI - TBWA Greater China has appointed Edmund Choe as co-president and head of creative.
Choe was previously chief creative officer for Greater China at Saatchi & Saatchi.
He will start his role at TBWA in May 2011. Choe joins group president Ian Thubron and together, as partners, they will run the agency’s operations across the Greater China region.
Choe spent the last two decades at Saatchi & Saatchi in Malaysia, Singapore and latterly as chief creative officer for Greater China based in Beijing. Under his leadership, Saatchi & Saatchi was voted Agency of the Year and widely recognised in both creative and effectiveness awards.
"Our avowed aim is to be one of the ten most creative companies in the world, so I didn’t want to hire someone to make ads - even very good ads," said Thubron. "I wanted to find a partner to join me in leading China’s most creative ideas company. Ed has an impeccable pedigree. Creatively driven, great people and team-building skills and an incredibly nice guy to boot. The perfect partner."
Commenting on his appointment, Choe added, "TBWA has strong creative recognition in China, winning the first Cannes Gold Lion, for example. But what’s really exciting for me is elevating ‘creative’ beyond advertising to the entire Media Arts spectrum. It’s a bold canvas on which to paint and I’m delighted to be joining Ian in our quest to create China’s most creative company."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Brand manager Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus + pension, South East England
- McDonald's 10 best UK ads
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Magazine ABCs: a media agency viewpoint
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign