Deluded rapper fronts Cancer Research sunbed campaign
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 15 March 2011 10:40AM
Cancer Research UK is launching a spoof rap video today (15 March) to convince young "tanaholics" about the dangers of using a sunbed.
The campaign, created by Nonsense London, features the rapper "Leatha Face", who believes a tan from a sunbed will set him apart from rival rappers.
Cancer Research UK will post videos on YouTube and Facebook of Leatha Face rapping his "tanalicious rhymes", before being brought back down to earth by a peer who informs him of the dangers of using a sunbed.
The content, which has been shot to look like webcam and mobile phone footage, will be embedded alongside hip-hop videos on YouTube from the likes of Beyoncé and Eminem, and will be offered to bloggers to host.
Media planning and buying has been handled by MediaCom.
The copywriter was Rob Mosley and the chief creative was Robbie Greatrex. Production was by Nonsense London.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Brand Client Partners - Leading Media Agency - Global Client Ultimate Asset £70000 - £80000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Comms Planning Manager - Gaming/Entertainment Brand - Media Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Senior Account Manager / Account Manager David Thatcher Recruitment £32-40k dep experience, Surrey