Deluded rapper fronts Cancer Research sunbed campaign
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 15 March 2011 10:40AM
Cancer Research UK is launching a spoof rap video today (15 March) to convince young "tanaholics" about the dangers of using a sunbed.
The campaign, created by Nonsense London, features the rapper "Leatha Face", who believes a tan from a sunbed will set him apart from rival rappers.
Cancer Research UK will post videos on YouTube and Facebook of Leatha Face rapping his "tanalicious rhymes", before being brought back down to earth by a peer who informs him of the dangers of using a sunbed.
The content, which has been shot to look like webcam and mobile phone footage, will be embedded alongside hip-hop videos on YouTube from the likes of Beyoncé and Eminem, and will be offered to bloggers to host.
Media planning and buying has been handled by MediaCom.
The copywriter was Rob Mosley and the chief creative was Robbie Greatrex. Production was by Nonsense London.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director air recruitment Up to £50k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Creative Graphic Designer Beyond The Book £DOE, Gloucestershire
- Senior Data Planner / Strategist Direct Recruitment £60K- £70K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28K- £32K, London (Central), London (Greater)