Deluded rapper fronts Cancer Research sunbed campaign
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 15 March 2011 10:40AM
Cancer Research UK is launching a spoof rap video today (15 March) to convince young "tanaholics" about the dangers of using a sunbed.
The campaign, created by Nonsense London, features the rapper "Leatha Face", who believes a tan from a sunbed will set him apart from rival rappers.
Cancer Research UK will post videos on YouTube and Facebook of Leatha Face rapping his "tanalicious rhymes", before being brought back down to earth by a peer who informs him of the dangers of using a sunbed.
The content, which has been shot to look like webcam and mobile phone footage, will be embedded alongside hip-hop videos on YouTube from the likes of Beyoncé and Eminem, and will be offered to bloggers to host.
Media planning and buying has been handled by MediaCom.
The copywriter was Rob Mosley and the chief creative was Robbie Greatrex. Production was by Nonsense London.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid-weight Designer with super cool boutique agency Dahling Ltd £28-35k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight or Senior Conceptual Creative Team Dahling Ltd £30-45k or £60-90k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Junior Conceptual Creative or a Junior Creative team- TOP BOUTIQUE CREATIVE AGENCY!!!! Dahling Ltd £20-25k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Project Manager - Client Side - Blue Chip - CRM, Data, Backend Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits +75% off travel , London
- CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (Brand Guardian, Marketing, Strategy) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Surrey