Vimto markets Levi Roots soft drinks range
Vimto soft drinks, is launching a new fruit juice and fizzy drinks range branded by Levi Roots, the entrepreneur behind Reggae Reggae Sauce.
The new brand features the entrepreneur's "own blend" of exotic fruit juice and soft drinks flavours, such as Fiery Root Ginger Beer with Lime 'n' Honey and Spicy Reggae Tomato Juice.
Vimto soft drinks, which also owns Sunkist, intends to distribute the new brand extensively across the multiple, cash and carry, wholesale and independent markets. It will become available in Tesco and Asda later this month, and a marketing campaign will follow in April.
The brand is expected to boost the flavoured carbonates and fruit juice categories within the £6.1bn UK soft drinks market.
Neil Gibson, head of marketing at Vimto Soft Drinks, said: "Introducing Levi Roots into the soft drinks market is very exciting as we know there's fantastic potential for the range, given its unique proposition in a growing category.
"Levi has successfully used his unconventional style to challenge the 'big boys' in the market and, as we're a company that also likes to do things differently, this gives us the right ingredients to come together and create a recipe for success."
Roots first came to the nation's attention on BBC's 'Dragons' Den' in 2007, where he pitched his Reggae Reggae Sauce, which has since launched in stores across the UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Managers Gabriele Skelton £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Account Manager One Fix Recruitment £32-37k, London
- Senior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Swindon
- Project Manager / Account Manager: Luxury Brands Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £34000 per annum, London