Young's casts fishermen for 'hungry sailor' ads
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 March 2011 12:41PM
Young's Seafood is promoting its Chip Shop range with TV ads that star Fisherman's Friend, Port Isaac's folk group, next week.
Created by Mother, the 30-second ad, called "hungry sailor", is filmed in Port Isaac and has the folk troupe performing a new version of 'What Shall we do with a Drunken Sailor?".
The ad will focus on Young's Chip Shop range of battered cod and haddock and will air across terrestrial channels from 21 March. Media buying is being handled by MediaCom.
The ad has been directed by Peter Catteneo, whose credits include 'The Full Monty'.
Tasha Gladman, UK marketing director at Young's, said: "'Fishy dishy' has been well-received by retailers and consumers, with website traffic up 50% and we look forward to 'hungry sailor' boosting this further."
The ad is the second TV spot by Mother for the Findus owned brand. The agency also created the "fishy dishy" ad, which launched in January. It is part of a £5m wider marketing campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car allowance , London (Greater)
- Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief
- Phones4u goes into administration