Young's casts fishermen for 'hungry sailor' ads
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 March 2011 12:41PM
Young's Seafood is promoting its Chip Shop range with TV ads that star Fisherman's Friend, Port Isaac's folk group, next week.
Created by Mother, the 30-second ad, called "hungry sailor", is filmed in Port Isaac and has the folk troupe performing a new version of 'What Shall we do with a Drunken Sailor?".
The ad will focus on Young's Chip Shop range of battered cod and haddock and will air across terrestrial channels from 21 March. Media buying is being handled by MediaCom.
The ad has been directed by Peter Catteneo, whose credits include 'The Full Monty'.
Tasha Gladman, UK marketing director at Young's, said: "'Fishy dishy' has been well-received by retailers and consumers, with website traffic up 50% and we look forward to 'hungry sailor' boosting this further."
The ad is the second TV spot by Mother for the Findus owned brand. The agency also created the "fishy dishy" ad, which launched in January. It is part of a £5m wider marketing campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Digital Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne