Young's casts fishermen for 'hungry sailor' ads
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 March 2011 12:41PM
Young's Seafood is promoting its Chip Shop range with TV ads that star Fisherman's Friend, Port Isaac's folk group, next week.
Created by Mother, the 30-second ad, called "hungry sailor", is filmed in Port Isaac and has the folk troupe performing a new version of 'What Shall we do with a Drunken Sailor?".
The ad will focus on Young's Chip Shop range of battered cod and haddock and will air across terrestrial channels from 21 March. Media buying is being handled by MediaCom.
The ad has been directed by Peter Catteneo, whose credits include 'The Full Monty'.
Tasha Gladman, UK marketing director at Young's, said: "'Fishy dishy' has been well-received by retailers and consumers, with website traffic up 50% and we look forward to 'hungry sailor' boosting this further."
The ad is the second TV spot by Mother for the Findus owned brand. The agency also created the "fishy dishy" ad, which launched in January. It is part of a £5m wider marketing campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Interim Brand / Senior Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment Competitive day rate, London
- Account Manager Pitch Consultants £24000 - £30000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Senior Brand Lead - Contract Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Liverpool
- Community Manager Major Players £120 - £125 per day, London