Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO launches social media unit
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 March 2011 10:30AM
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO is setting up a "community management" unit called AMV Pulse, to manage, activate and analyse conversations in social media.
The agency has hired Paul McCrudden from the integrated communications agency Imagination to lead the unit as its social media director.
AMV says the aim of the division is to provide clients with resources to turn social media insights into creative briefs and maintain and manage the conversations consumers have in social media spaces before, during and after new campaigns have run.
It enables clients to listen to what people are saying about their brand online and then provide them with tools and resources to participate in social spaces and communities. The unit will be fully integrated into the agency and allow social insight to inform planning and the creative process.
AMV has also hired Naomi Martin from the social brand agency Headstream to work alongside McCrudden.
Ian Pearman, the chief executive of AMV, said: "Our clients have a real appetite for this. Placing it at the heart of brand planning and creative is essential, and these hires allow us to do that."
McCrudden won a Guardian Mega Innovation award for his consumer experiment #sixweeks and a BIMA award for Best Blog last year. At Imagination, he specialised in the strategy and production of brand experiences.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Executive or Marketing Manager air recruitment £28k-£35k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign