Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO launches social media unit
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 March 2011 10:30AM
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO is setting up a "community management" unit called AMV Pulse, to manage, activate and analyse conversations in social media.
The agency has hired Paul McCrudden from the integrated communications agency Imagination to lead the unit as its social media director.
AMV says the aim of the division is to provide clients with resources to turn social media insights into creative briefs and maintain and manage the conversations consumers have in social media spaces before, during and after new campaigns have run.
It enables clients to listen to what people are saying about their brand online and then provide them with tools and resources to participate in social spaces and communities. The unit will be fully integrated into the agency and allow social insight to inform planning and the creative process.
AMV has also hired Naomi Martin from the social brand agency Headstream to work alongside McCrudden.
Ian Pearman, the chief executive of AMV, said: "Our clients have a real appetite for this. Placing it at the heart of brand planning and creative is essential, and these hires allow us to do that."
McCrudden won a Guardian Mega Innovation award for his consumer experiment #sixweeks and a BIMA award for Best Blog last year. At Imagination, he specialised in the strategy and production of brand experiences.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Online Marketing Manager EMR £40000 - £45000 per annum + Up To £45,000, London
- Account Executive - top agency, Liverpool Perfect Marketing People To £20k, Liverpool
- Graphic Designer / Creative Artworker The Workhouse Negotiable depending on experience , Swindon, Wiltshire
- 2x positions: Social Media & Senior Social Media Manager - Award Winning Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000 - 36,000 + benefits , London West End