Virgin Atlantic trials bespoke shoe partnership
Virgin Atlantic and the Left Shoe Company, the bespoke men's shoe brand, have teamed up to offer fliers a shopping service at the airline's Clubhouse lounge in Heathrow Airport.
For a month, from tomorrow, the shoe company will measure and scan travellers' feet at the Clubhouse lounge. The company promises to deliver any purchases within a month.
Customers' names can be inscribed on the sole of their shoe, along with their Virgin Atlantic flight number and destination.
The service joins the gourmet food and spa treatments already available in the lounge.
The tie-up has been brokered by brand partnership agency Simbiotik. David Pickles, chief executive at the agency, said: "The entire Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse proposition and partner programme demonstrates that Virgin Atlantic feels that it is essential to provide their passengers with access to fresh, useful, innovative, entertaining and exciting experiences.
"For Left Shoe Company there are few places that it is possible to reach such a perfectly targeted prospective customer with a few minutes of free time."
Last month the Virgin Atlantic cabin crew were voted the most attractive on the airways by a survey of business travellers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- PR Account Director AF Selection £38000 - £40000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior CRM Executive Online Resourcing Up to £34,000, Euston, London
- Marketing Executive Online Resourcing Up to £28,000, Euston, London
- Corporate Affairs Manager Stopgap £150 - £160 per day, London
- Global Content Manager Stopgap £35000 per annum, London
- The man who made Grey matter
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- MediaCom's Lisa Humphreys flies flag for media in '35 women under 35' list