Bmi consolidates £5m media business into MPG Media Contacts
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 March 2011 11:48AM
Lufthansa-owned airline British Midland International is folding its £5m bmibaby media account into MPG Media Contacts, which already handles the media for the main bmi brand.
Omnicom's PHD has handled the bmibaby account since the airline launched nine years ago.
The client has given PHD a four-month notice period to enable a smooth transition. The move is understood to be driven by a desire to centralise its media business.
Martin Smith, head of marketing at Bmi Baby, confirmed approximately £4.6 million of media spend will be split equally over offline and online channels.
MPG Media Contacts won the £11m bmi media account, following a review in July 2008. PHD was the incumbent on the main bmi brand at the time.
Bmi's creative business is not affected by the review and will continue to be held by M&C Saatchi.
Bmi flies to destinations in Europe, Middle East, Africa and central Asia from its operational base in Heathrow, while bmibaby operates short-haul flights in the UK and to European cities.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Ecommerce Product Manager Stopgap £35000 - £40000 per annum, Hertfordshire
- Account Manager Stopgap £41000 per annum, London
- Online & Customer Support Manager Stopgap £35000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Executive Stopgap £26000 - £28000 per annum + pro rata - 3 months, London