Bmi consolidates £5m media business into MPG Media Contacts
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 March 2011 11:48AM
Lufthansa-owned airline British Midland International is folding its £5m bmibaby media account into MPG Media Contacts, which already handles the media for the main bmi brand.
Omnicom's PHD has handled the bmibaby account since the airline launched nine years ago.
The client has given PHD a four-month notice period to enable a smooth transition. The move is understood to be driven by a desire to centralise its media business.
Martin Smith, head of marketing at Bmi Baby, confirmed approximately £4.6 million of media spend will be split equally over offline and online channels.
MPG Media Contacts won the £11m bmi media account, following a review in July 2008. PHD was the incumbent on the main bmi brand at the time.
Bmi's creative business is not affected by the review and will continue to be held by M&C Saatchi.
Bmi flies to destinations in Europe, Middle East, Africa and central Asia from its operational base in Heathrow, while bmibaby operates short-haul flights in the UK and to European cities.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, West End
- Search Manager Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Creative Project Manager/Production Manager become £30k-£42k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, Manchester
- Campaign Manager,Professional services,London,£50k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: +excellent benefits, London
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building