Bmi consolidates £5m media business into MPG Media Contacts
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 March 2011 11:48AM
Lufthansa-owned airline British Midland International is folding its £5m bmibaby media account into MPG Media Contacts, which already handles the media for the main bmi brand.
Omnicom's PHD has handled the bmibaby account since the airline launched nine years ago.
The client has given PHD a four-month notice period to enable a smooth transition. The move is understood to be driven by a desire to centralise its media business.
Martin Smith, head of marketing at Bmi Baby, confirmed approximately £4.6 million of media spend will be split equally over offline and online channels.
MPG Media Contacts won the £11m bmi media account, following a review in July 2008. PHD was the incumbent on the main bmi brand at the time.
Bmi's creative business is not affected by the review and will continue to be held by M&C Saatchi.
Bmi flies to destinations in Europe, Middle East, Africa and central Asia from its operational base in Heathrow, while bmibaby operates short-haul flights in the UK and to European cities.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager/Director, full time (would consider 4 days per week) Wonderberry UK Ltd Dependent on experience, Farringdon
- Online Visual Merchandising Manager Luxury Fashion brand Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer - Fashion - £30k 24 Seven Inc Up to £30k, City of London
- Digital Account Manager (ASAP) Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Freelance Digital Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film