Channel 4 HD to launch on Freesat
Channel 4 HD will be available on Freesat for the first time next month, joining HD channels from BBC One and ITV, in a deal with Arqiva.
The channel carries the same programming as the Channel 4 service. Alongside American favourites such as 'Ugly Betty', Channel 4 HD will also show original programming in HD, including 'Hollyoaks' and 'Skins'.
Kevin Burrows, CTO for broadcast and distribution, Channel 4, said: "We have a long and excellent relationship with Arqiva and we are delighted to entrust this final and important element of our transmission network to their care.
"Their ongoing support has been invaluable in enabling even more UK viewers to enjoy their favourite Channel 4 programmes in spectacular high definition."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager Source £150 - £180 per day, London
- Digital Project Director Twist Recruitment £55000.00 - £650000.00 per annum, Berkshire
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned