Channel 4 HD to launch on Freesat
Channel 4 HD will be available on Freesat for the first time next month, joining HD channels from BBC One and ITV, in a deal with Arqiva.
The channel carries the same programming as the Channel 4 service. Alongside American favourites such as 'Ugly Betty', Channel 4 HD will also show original programming in HD, including 'Hollyoaks' and 'Skins'.
Kevin Burrows, CTO for broadcast and distribution, Channel 4, said: "We have a long and excellent relationship with Arqiva and we are delighted to entrust this final and important element of our transmission network to their care.
"Their ongoing support has been invaluable in enabling even more UK viewers to enjoy their favourite Channel 4 programmes in spectacular high definition."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager (Surrey) become £35k, Surrey
- Digital Designer Developer become £25k - 28k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief