Starcom wins $1bn Microsoft America account and global strategy duties
Starcom Mediavest Group has won Microsoft's $1bn (£614m) North America media buying account, as well as the brand's global strategy and planning work, from Universal McCann.
Microsoft's global account, which was wholly with Interpublic Groupe's Universal McCann, has been split for the first time, with Publicis Groupe-owned Starcom taking the lion's share.
Universal McCann has retained the business in Microsoft's 35 markets outside North America. This includes the UK where the brand spent £36.7m on media last year, according to Nielsen.
A Microsoft spokesperson said: "We have completed our media agency review and have awarded our global media strategy and planning business to Starcom Mediavest Group (SMG).
"We look forward to partnering with SMG to drive exciting and engaging ways to deliver creative content to our customers in today’s dynamic media marketplace.
"Universal McCann remains a valuable part of our agency roster and will continue to manage our media planning and buying outside of North America."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Blue Tree Recruits £30,000 - £35,000, Guildford, Surrey
- Account Director Blue Tree Recruits £40,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Junior Artworker Blue Tree Recruits £18,000 plus benefits , Theale, Reading
- Brand and Advertising Manager - Global Technology Innovator Ninesharp £52000 - £58000 per annum + Bonus, Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Account Manager createselect Up to £40K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad