Starcom wins $1bn Microsoft America account and global strategy duties
Starcom Mediavest Group has won Microsoft's $1bn (£614m) North America media buying account, as well as the brand's global strategy and planning work, from Universal McCann.
Microsoft's global account, which was wholly with Interpublic Groupe's Universal McCann, has been split for the first time, with Publicis Groupe-owned Starcom taking the lion's share.
Universal McCann has retained the business in Microsoft's 35 markets outside North America. This includes the UK where the brand spent £36.7m on media last year, according to Nielsen.
A Microsoft spokesperson said: "We have completed our media agency review and have awarded our global media strategy and planning business to Starcom Mediavest Group (SMG).
"We look forward to partnering with SMG to drive exciting and engaging ways to deliver creative content to our customers in today’s dynamic media marketplace.
"Universal McCann remains a valuable part of our agency roster and will continue to manage our media planning and buying outside of North America."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Senior Planning Executive Aspire £25000 - £28000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Director Aspire £50000 - £60000.00 per annum, London
- Chief Client Director Aspire £80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum, London
- PR Account Director Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum, Cambridge