Trio unveil Now start-up
By Campaign staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 March 2011 08:00AM
John Townshend, the former creative partner of Rapier, the outgoing COI chief Mark Lund and strategist Kate Waters are teaming up to launch a communications agency called Now.
Now opens its doors for business this week from offices in London’s Fitzrovia and with the promise of being "an agency for the accelerated world".
The founding trio will be joined by two other directors, the former PHD media strategist Louise Jones and the former group finance director of Bartle Bogle Hegarty Nigel Maile, who will be non-executives and work with the new agency on specific client projects.
Townshend, who has been working on the architecture of the business since quitting Rapier almost a year ago, said that Now will be based around the principle of offering clients "immediate measurable results that build brand and business simultaneously". He added: "Our meetings will be brief, our processes will be collapsed and measurement of our work’s success will be built into the planning."
Townshend was a partner at Rapier for 16 years, leading the agency’s creative product and helping drive its integrated positioning. Lund was a founder of Delaney Lund Knox Warren in 2000 and is a past chairman of the Advertising Association. He joined COI as its chief executive two years ago but resigned earlier this month ahead of the abolition of the government marketing agency, which was confirmed last week.
Waters is a former head of planning at Euro RSCG and Partners Andrews Aldridge and was strategy director at Engine before joining the PR agency Blue Rubicon.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Digital Account Director - luxury (approx. 3 months) Stopgap £210 - £230 per day, London
- Marketing Manager Salt £30000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Freelance Motion Graphic Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?