AMV boosts planning team with new hirings
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 March 2011 12:12AM
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO has bolstered its planning department with the hiring of Tom Johnstone, the former head of planning at DLKW, and Raquel Chicorel from Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
Johnstone takes up the role of global planning director on BlackBerry, managing strategic and creative projects.
He began his career at AMV and rejoins the agency from The Brooklyn Brothers, where he has worked as a strategist since April last year. Johnstone had left AMV in 2009 to join DLKW, where he worked on the agency's Burger King and COI accounts.
Chicorel previously led planning on BBH's Barclays account and helped develop the global "dirt is good" idea for Persil/Omo. In her new role as a planning director, she will work on the Mars brands Maltesers and M&Ms.
Craig Mawdsley, AMV's joint head of planning, said: "We're thrilled to welcome Tom back. He represents all that is good about AMV – creativity, rigour and being a thoroughly nice bloke. It's also a privilege to welcome Raquel – there are few planners in town who have proven their ability to create really big global ideas that yield breakthrough creativity."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Recruitment Consultant - Competitive Package - Farringdon EC1 Fill Recruitment Good and dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director- Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £52k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director- Direct Marketing Spectrum 360 Recruitment £50k - £58k, London (Central), London (Greater)