Top 50 media agencies 2011
campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 September 2011 12:00AM
Carat drops from third place to sixth in the only major change to hit the top ten biggest media agencies.
Read Campaign's analysis of the full figures alongside the creative agency league table.
|Holding companies share of media|
|Rank||Rank||Holding company||Billings 2010||Billings 2009||Y/y||Key UK media assets||Central|
|2010||2009||(£m)||(£m)||% change||buying unit|
|1||1||WPP||2,554.90||2,156.50||18.5||MediaCom, Mindshare, MEC UK, Maxus, Kinetic (50%)||Group M|
|2||3||Publicis Groupe||1,194.30||1,020.50||17||Starcom MediaVest Group, ZenithOptimedia, MediaVest (19.9%), MediaVest Leeds (50%), Media Vision||VivaKi Trading|
|3||2||Omnicom||1,040.90||1,071.20||-2.8||OMD, PHD, PHD North, Rocket, Rapp Media||OPera|
|4||4||Aegis||942.2||962.2||-2.1||Carat, Vizeum, Feather Brooksbank||Aegis Media|
|5||5||Interpublic||334.1||301.6||10.8||Initiative, UM||Magna Global|
|6||6||Havas||333.2||220.7||51||MPG Media Contacts, Arena Media, All Response Media||Havas Media|
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Brand Strategist - Maternity Cover at Trends, Innovation & Brand Strategy Consultancy Emma & Rachael & You £35 - £40k pro rata, Central London
- Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital GBP35000 - GBP40000 per annum, Reading
- Digital Analyst Michael Page Digital GBP25000 - GBP30000 per annum, Manchester
The console is dead: The Socialisation of Gaming
The games console as we know it is dead. When Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One earlier this week, it was clear that this was more than a device that would enable you to play Call of Duty or FIFA – this was, in Microsoft’s own words, “an all-in-one home entertainment system”.