Mercedes-Benz hires VW marketer David George
German luxury car marque Mercedes-Benz has hired David George for the position of UK marketing director.
George joins from Volkswagen (VW), where he is head of marketing for Commercial Vehicles. He will begin his new role on 1 May and replaces former lead marketer Ian Dutfield, who is taking up the role of UK after sales director for Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles.
The marketer has been with VW Group since 1998. He took up his current position with VW Commercial Vehicles in 2009, having previously headed up learning services at the VW Group's National Learning Centre in Milton Keynes. Prior to this he held marketing and communications role with both VW and Audi.
Earlier this month at the Geneva Motor Show, Mercedes-Benz unveiled its new C-Class Coupé, marking its first foray into the two-door coupé segment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- .Net Developer - Agency Role - ASP.Net, .Net 4.0, CMS, Umbraco Digital Gurus £35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Freelance Account Manager for award winning integrated agency! Zebra People £180 - £220 per day, East London
- Product Strategist Dyson Undisclosed, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
- Motion Graphic designer (with Flash Experience) Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film