Mercedes-Benz hires VW marketer David George
German luxury car marque Mercedes-Benz has hired David George for the position of UK marketing director.
George joins from Volkswagen (VW), where he is head of marketing for Commercial Vehicles. He will begin his new role on 1 May and replaces former lead marketer Ian Dutfield, who is taking up the role of UK after sales director for Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles.
The marketer has been with VW Group since 1998. He took up his current position with VW Commercial Vehicles in 2009, having previously headed up learning services at the VW Group's National Learning Centre in Milton Keynes. Prior to this he held marketing and communications role with both VW and Audi.
Earlier this month at the Geneva Motor Show, Mercedes-Benz unveiled its new C-Class Coupé, marking its first foray into the two-door coupé segment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- INTERIM BRAND MANAGER NEW YORK BAKERY COMPANY Competitive + Benefits, Heathrow, Hounslow
- Quant Retail Research Director - Medium sized agency Elizabeth Norman International £70000 - £100000 per annum, South East England
- PR Associate Director Major Players £55000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, London
- Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £47000.00 per annum, City of London
- Senior Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £33000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show