Mercedes-Benz hires VW marketer David George
German luxury car marque Mercedes-Benz has hired David George for the position of UK marketing director.
George joins from Volkswagen (VW), where he is head of marketing for Commercial Vehicles. He will begin his new role on 1 May and replaces former lead marketer Ian Dutfield, who is taking up the role of UK after sales director for Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles.
The marketer has been with VW Group since 1998. He took up his current position with VW Commercial Vehicles in 2009, having previously headed up learning services at the VW Group's National Learning Centre in Milton Keynes. Prior to this he held marketing and communications role with both VW and Audi.
Earlier this month at the Geneva Motor Show, Mercedes-Benz unveiled its new C-Class Coupé, marking its first foray into the two-door coupé segment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Social Engagement Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Media Planning Account Manager Lipton Fleming £30000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy