Mercedes-Benz hires VW marketer David George
German luxury car marque Mercedes-Benz has hired David George for the position of UK marketing director.
George joins from Volkswagen (VW), where he is head of marketing for Commercial Vehicles. He will begin his new role on 1 May and replaces former lead marketer Ian Dutfield, who is taking up the role of UK after sales director for Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles.
The marketer has been with VW Group since 1998. He took up his current position with VW Commercial Vehicles in 2009, having previously headed up learning services at the VW Group's National Learning Centre in Milton Keynes. Prior to this he held marketing and communications role with both VW and Audi.
Earlier this month at the Geneva Motor Show, Mercedes-Benz unveiled its new C-Class Coupé, marking its first foray into the two-door coupé segment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Social Media Manager/Director Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Online Trading/Commercial Manager Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne