C4 to use Comedy Gala for ad break innovation
Channel 4 is looking to up the ante on last year's special comedy ad break, starring comedian Jimmy Carr, by pitting him against fellow comedian Alan Carr for a 'Carr vs Carr Ad Break Challenge'.
The spots will run when the 'Channel 4 Comedy Gala' returns in the summer.
During last year's celebration of all things funny, C4 commissioned an unusual ad break for one of the slots, which featured Jimmy Carr speaking over the ads of a number of brands, including Guinness, Gocompare.com and Churchill.
This year Jimmy Carr and Alan Carr will go head to head on the show, which will be shot on 24 May to air in June.
Channel 4 Sales, with show producers Open Mike Productions and promoters Off The Kerb Productions, want to get even more advertisers involved in what a spokesman for Channel 4 called "the most ambitious ad break takeover yet".
Channel 4 is looking for advertisers that want to be involved in the special breaks, which will be promoted through social media in the run-up to broadcast, in an attempt to make them as much of a talking point as the show itself.
The 'Comedy Gala' is being overseen by entertainment commissioning editor Syeda Irtizaali, who was also responsible for the original ad break innovation that received a gold award for innovation at the Media Week Awards.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Broadcast / Online Planning Manager -Leading Media Owner Aspire £45000.00 - £46000.00 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Hugely exciting new DOOH business! Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Uncapped generous commission, London
- Sports! Cross Platform Creative Solutions Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential & Bens, London
- Agency Account Director- Programmatic Video Platform Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile