C4 to use Comedy Gala for ad break innovation
Channel 4 is looking to up the ante on last year's special comedy ad break, starring comedian Jimmy Carr, by pitting him against fellow comedian Alan Carr for a 'Carr vs Carr Ad Break Challenge'.
The spots will run when the 'Channel 4 Comedy Gala' returns in the summer.
During last year's celebration of all things funny, C4 commissioned an unusual ad break for one of the slots, which featured Jimmy Carr speaking over the ads of a number of brands, including Guinness, Gocompare.com and Churchill.
This year Jimmy Carr and Alan Carr will go head to head on the show, which will be shot on 24 May to air in June.
Channel 4 Sales, with show producers Open Mike Productions and promoters Off The Kerb Productions, want to get even more advertisers involved in what a spokesman for Channel 4 called "the most ambitious ad break takeover yet".
Channel 4 is looking for advertisers that want to be involved in the special breaks, which will be promoted through social media in the run-up to broadcast, in an attempt to make them as much of a talking point as the show itself.
The 'Comedy Gala' is being overseen by entertainment commissioning editor Syeda Irtizaali, who was also responsible for the original ad break innovation that received a gold award for innovation at the Media Week Awards.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- User Experience Design Lead - Integrated Agency - £65K plus bens The Creative Recruiter Up to £65K + bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager Brand Recruitment salary dependent on experience, Leicester
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned