Air NZ goes for laughs in passenger safety film
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 30 March 2011 08:30AM
Air New Zealand has released a comedy safety film that features US fitness personality Richard Simmons and the airline's cabin crew.
The film, created by New Zealand creative agency .99, features Simmons and the air crew dressed in colourful lycra outfits and dancing to 80s music while demonstrating the flight safety procedures.
The 'Fit to Fly' safety video is set to a version of Yazz's 'The Only Way is Up'. Simmonds stars alongside Temepara George, the international netball player, Paul Henry, NZ TV presenter and Rob Fyfe, Air New Zealand chief executive, in cameos.
Mike Tod, general manager, marketing and communications, Air New Zealand, said: "Safety is paramount and non-negotiable at Air New Zealand, and 'Fit to Fly' will again get our passengers sitting up and taking notice of these important pre-flight messages in an engaging and fun way.
"Simmons' fitness moves will definitely ensure that all eyes are on the safety briefing."
The video has already launched on narrowbody aircraft and goes live on widebodies from 1 May.
Last October, Air New Zealand launched a press and digital campaign created by Albion to highlight its service, and demonstrate, in their opinion, how flying should be.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- PR Account Director Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum, Cambridge
- Strategy Lead MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary, New York (State) (US)
- Account Executive AF Selection £18,000 - £22,000, Warwickshire
- Senior Sales Executive- Fashion & Beauty Video Ultimate Asset £27000 - £35000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London