Air NZ goes for laughs in passenger safety film
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 30 March 2011 08:30AM
Air New Zealand has released a comedy safety film that features US fitness personality Richard Simmons and the airline's cabin crew.
The film, created by New Zealand creative agency .99, features Simmons and the air crew dressed in colourful lycra outfits and dancing to 80s music while demonstrating the flight safety procedures.
The 'Fit to Fly' safety video is set to a version of Yazz's 'The Only Way is Up'. Simmonds stars alongside Temepara George, the international netball player, Paul Henry, NZ TV presenter and Rob Fyfe, Air New Zealand chief executive, in cameos.
Mike Tod, general manager, marketing and communications, Air New Zealand, said: "Safety is paramount and non-negotiable at Air New Zealand, and 'Fit to Fly' will again get our passengers sitting up and taking notice of these important pre-flight messages in an engaging and fun way.
"Simmons' fitness moves will definitely ensure that all eyes are on the safety briefing."
The video has already launched on narrowbody aircraft and goes live on widebodies from 1 May.
Last October, Air New Zealand launched a press and digital campaign created by Albion to highlight its service, and demonstrate, in their opinion, how flying should be.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Brand Insight Planner FMCG - 12 month contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£40K-£50K + benefits package, North of London/Hertfordshire
- Senior Account Manager : Experiential : Integrated Agency : London Dylan Up to £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Senior Planner Dot-Gap £30K, London (Central), London (Greater)