Air NZ goes for laughs in passenger safety film
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 30 March 2011 08:30AM
Air New Zealand has released a comedy safety film that features US fitness personality Richard Simmons and the airline's cabin crew.
The film, created by New Zealand creative agency .99, features Simmons and the air crew dressed in colourful lycra outfits and dancing to 80s music while demonstrating the flight safety procedures.
The 'Fit to Fly' safety video is set to a version of Yazz's 'The Only Way is Up'. Simmonds stars alongside Temepara George, the international netball player, Paul Henry, NZ TV presenter and Rob Fyfe, Air New Zealand chief executive, in cameos.
Mike Tod, general manager, marketing and communications, Air New Zealand, said: "Safety is paramount and non-negotiable at Air New Zealand, and 'Fit to Fly' will again get our passengers sitting up and taking notice of these important pre-flight messages in an engaging and fun way.
"Simmons' fitness moves will definitely ensure that all eyes are on the safety briefing."
The video has already launched on narrowbody aircraft and goes live on widebodies from 1 May.
Last October, Air New Zealand launched a press and digital campaign created by Albion to highlight its service, and demonstrate, in their opinion, how flying should be.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Creative Strategist- £65k - Well known FMCG Brands Gemini Search £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show