Ikea rolls out battle of the sexes campaign
Ikea is injecting some humour into its latest TV ad, which features four comedians questioning whether men or women are messier in the home.
The two 60-seocond and 30-second TV spots created by Mother will launch tomorrow (1 April).
The ad, 'Peace, Love and Storage', has been shot in front of a live audience and stars four stand-up comics who debate which sex is messier in the home. It highlights how Ikea helps to solve the problem of domestic clutter that can lead to arguments around the home.
Nick Jones directed the ad, which also used production company Another Film, and Vizeum for media planning and buying.
Viewers are directed to Ikea's Facebook page where they can vote for who they think is messier. They can also submit proof of their decision, using photos and videos, as part of a custom-built app for the campaign.
The app lets users share their clutter arguments with friends, while Ikea experts will recommend solutions to their problems.
Voters can submit their opinion through online display banners, and product-focused online ads will demonstrate consumers' problems and share solutions. Press ads will work closely with the product-related online display adverts.
Anna Crona, marketing director at Ikea UK and Ireland, said: "We are committed to understanding how our customers live life at home so we can provide solutions to make life happier.
"Everybody has storage needs in the home and, by encouraging debate and providing solutions, we will show that Ikea is relevant to everybody, no matter what your home is like or how much money you have."
Sarah Rabia, strategist at Mother, said: "Mess in the home is third-most common cause of domestic arguments – after sex and money.
"We have too much of one of them, not enough of the other two. Ikea is making a huge commitment to improving home life for all Britons. And making 'Peace, Love and Storage', is the start of that."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Designer 20-35k London - Advertising Tech Company Creative Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- senior account director > RETAIL > GLOBAL AGENCY collectivo Salary confidential, London
- social media account manager > DRINKS BRAND collectivo to £25-30k + amazing bens, London
- Press Investment Senior Exec Aspire £25000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
- Group Marketing Manager - Leading Media Business ADLIB £30000 - £40000 per annum, Bath
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham