Dulux dog returns for 50th anniversary campaign
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 March 2011 08:00AM
One of the most recognised advertising icons of all time, the Dulux dog, is to return to TV screens to mark the 50th anniversary of the brand
Dulux owner AkzoNobel has appointed McCann London, which handles creative for its Cuprinol and Ronseal brands, to handle a one-off project that will see the current Dulux dog, "spud", on TV in a pre-Easter campaign.
Ads featuring the famous sheepdog first ran in 1961 and last appeared in 2003. They will return following a Facebook campaign, created in partnership with MediaCom, that encourages consumers to consider a home makeoever.
McCann’s appointment to the project coincides with a review by Dulux of its global advertising business after parting company with its global agency Euro RSCG London last month.
The paint brand is considering ditching its global strategy in favour of a local market-by-market approach. The pitch is being led by Sucheta Govil, global marketing director for AkzoNobel.
The process is being managed internally and not being handled by Agency Insight, as previously reported.
RFIs have been sent out to agencies and the Dulux marketing team is in the process of defining how the pitch is run and coming up with a shortlist.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Freelance Production Manager Network Career Consultants £200 - £250 per day, Hertfordshire
- Planner | World-famous media company Nu Creative Talent £45k + extensive benefits, London
- Creative Head (Retail) Dahling Ltd Up to £70,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PR and Communications Officer Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £28000 per annum, Huddersfield
- Strategy Director Pitch Consultants £60000 - £90000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy