Dulux dog returns for 50th anniversary campaign
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 March 2011 08:00AM
One of the most recognised advertising icons of all time, the Dulux dog, is to return to TV screens to mark the 50th anniversary of the brand
Dulux owner AkzoNobel has appointed McCann London, which handles creative for its Cuprinol and Ronseal brands, to handle a one-off project that will see the current Dulux dog, "spud", on TV in a pre-Easter campaign.
Ads featuring the famous sheepdog first ran in 1961 and last appeared in 2003. They will return following a Facebook campaign, created in partnership with MediaCom, that encourages consumers to consider a home makeoever.
McCann’s appointment to the project coincides with a review by Dulux of its global advertising business after parting company with its global agency Euro RSCG London last month.
The paint brand is considering ditching its global strategy in favour of a local market-by-market approach. The pitch is being led by Sucheta Govil, global marketing director for AkzoNobel.
The process is being managed internally and not being handled by Agency Insight, as previously reported.
RFIs have been sent out to agencies and the Dulux marketing team is in the process of defining how the pitch is run and coming up with a shortlist.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing & Communications Director Stopgap £70000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Lipton Fleming £28000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus , London
- Associate Director of Content Strategy - London £75,000 Adam Recruitment £75000 - £76000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Interactive Designer Source £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart