Dulux dog returns for 50th anniversary campaign
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 March 2011 08:00AM
One of the most recognised advertising icons of all time, the Dulux dog, is to return to TV screens to mark the 50th anniversary of the brand
Dulux owner AkzoNobel has appointed McCann London, which handles creative for its Cuprinol and Ronseal brands, to handle a one-off project that will see the current Dulux dog, "spud", on TV in a pre-Easter campaign.
Ads featuring the famous sheepdog first ran in 1961 and last appeared in 2003. They will return following a Facebook campaign, created in partnership with MediaCom, that encourages consumers to consider a home makeoever.
McCann’s appointment to the project coincides with a review by Dulux of its global advertising business after parting company with its global agency Euro RSCG London last month.
The paint brand is considering ditching its global strategy in favour of a local market-by-market approach. The pitch is being led by Sucheta Govil, global marketing director for AkzoNobel.
The process is being managed internally and not being handled by Agency Insight, as previously reported.
RFIs have been sent out to agencies and the Dulux marketing team is in the process of defining how the pitch is run and coming up with a shortlist.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- New Product Development Assistant Ball & Hoolahan £competitive salary and Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Strategic Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000-£60,000 + Benefits , Southampton, Hampshire
- Art Director - Integrated Marketing Agency - West London - £40k - NP198 Stonor £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager, FMCG, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £48000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Richmond upon Thames
- Online Analytics Manager, Telecoms, Slough Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £65000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Slough