Dulux dog returns for 50th anniversary campaign
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 March 2011 08:00AM
One of the most recognised advertising icons of all time, the Dulux dog, is to return to TV screens to mark the 50th anniversary of the brand
Dulux owner AkzoNobel has appointed McCann London, which handles creative for its Cuprinol and Ronseal brands, to handle a one-off project that will see the current Dulux dog, "spud", on TV in a pre-Easter campaign.
Ads featuring the famous sheepdog first ran in 1961 and last appeared in 2003. They will return following a Facebook campaign, created in partnership with MediaCom, that encourages consumers to consider a home makeoever.
McCann’s appointment to the project coincides with a review by Dulux of its global advertising business after parting company with its global agency Euro RSCG London last month.
The paint brand is considering ditching its global strategy in favour of a local market-by-market approach. The pitch is being led by Sucheta Govil, global marketing director for AkzoNobel.
The process is being managed internally and not being handled by Agency Insight, as previously reported.
RFIs have been sent out to agencies and the Dulux marketing team is in the process of defining how the pitch is run and coming up with a shortlist.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager - Hugely exciting new DOOH business! Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Uncapped generous commission, London
- Sports! Cross Platform Creative Solutions Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential & Bens, London
- Agency Account Director- Programmatic Video Platform Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- Account Manager EMEA - Ad-tech Company Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + bonus & benefits , London
- Senior PR Account MAnager - Digital AF Selection £30000 - £35000 per annum, Manchester
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile