LBi lands Xperia Sony Ericsson task
Sony Ericsson has appointed LBi to handle its global digital account for its new Xperia range of handsets.
The agency won the account following a final shoot-out against Tesch, which launched last year in London.
Dare, Poke and Dentsu London had also been invited to pitch for the business, but were eliminated at an earlier stage of the review process, which kicked off in February.
LBi will handle the digital duties for the Xperia range, including the new Play handset, as part of a wider brand awareness campaign.
The agency is expected to work with Sony Ericsson on a move away from promoting the functionality of the handset to focus on building a brand for Xperia.
Sony Ericsson unveiled its Xperia Play in March, a smartphone designed specifically for gamers, which which draws on features from Sony's PlayStation console. It debuted at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, and will be available from next month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads