LBi lands Xperia Sony Ericsson task
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 March 2011 10:50AM
Sony Ericsson has appointed LBi to handle its global digital account for its new Xperia range of handsets.
The agency won the account following a final shoot-out against Tesch, which launched last year in London.
Dare, Poke and Dentsu London had also been invited to pitch for the business, but were eliminated at an earlier stage of the review process, which kicked off in February.
LBi will handle the digital duties for the Xperia range, including the new Play handset, as part of a wider brand awareness campaign.
The agency is expected to work with Sony Ericsson on a move away from promoting the functionality of the handset to focus on building a brand for Xperia.
Sony Ericsson unveiled its Xperia Play in March, a smartphone designed specifically for gamers, which which draws on features from Sony's PlayStation console. It debuted at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, and will be available from next month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- International Business Director -Automotive Aspire £65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum, London
- Promotions and Retail Marketing Manager Major Players £45000 - £50000 per annum, City of London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned