LBi lands Xperia Sony Ericsson task
Sony Ericsson has appointed LBi to handle its global digital account for its new Xperia range of handsets.
The agency won the account following a final shoot-out against Tesch, which launched last year in London.
Dare, Poke and Dentsu London had also been invited to pitch for the business, but were eliminated at an earlier stage of the review process, which kicked off in February.
LBi will handle the digital duties for the Xperia range, including the new Play handset, as part of a wider brand awareness campaign.
The agency is expected to work with Sony Ericsson on a move away from promoting the functionality of the handset to focus on building a brand for Xperia.
Sony Ericsson unveiled its Xperia Play in March, a smartphone designed specifically for gamers, which which draws on features from Sony's PlayStation console. It debuted at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, and will be available from next month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- CRM Specialist Brand Recruitment salary dependent on experience, Oxford
- Marketing Executive Stopgap £25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Motion Designer Red Sofa London £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again