LBi lands Xperia Sony Ericsson task
Sony Ericsson has appointed LBi to handle its global digital account for its new Xperia range of handsets.
The agency won the account following a final shoot-out against Tesch, which launched last year in London.
Dare, Poke and Dentsu London had also been invited to pitch for the business, but were eliminated at an earlier stage of the review process, which kicked off in February.
LBi will handle the digital duties for the Xperia range, including the new Play handset, as part of a wider brand awareness campaign.
The agency is expected to work with Sony Ericsson on a move away from promoting the functionality of the handset to focus on building a brand for Xperia.
Sony Ericsson unveiled its Xperia Play in March, a smartphone designed specifically for gamers, which which draws on features from Sony's PlayStation console. It debuted at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, and will be available from next month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- SEO Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show