LBi lands Xperia Sony Ericsson task
Sony Ericsson has appointed LBi to handle its global digital account for its new Xperia range of handsets.
The agency won the account following a final shoot-out against Tesch, which launched last year in London.
Dare, Poke and Dentsu London had also been invited to pitch for the business, but were eliminated at an earlier stage of the review process, which kicked off in February.
LBi will handle the digital duties for the Xperia range, including the new Play handset, as part of a wider brand awareness campaign.
The agency is expected to work with Sony Ericsson on a move away from promoting the functionality of the handset to focus on building a brand for Xperia.
Sony Ericsson unveiled its Xperia Play in March, a smartphone designed specifically for gamers, which which draws on features from Sony's PlayStation console. It debuted at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, and will be available from next month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- POWERPOINT OPERATOR 35K LONDON Creative Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Director Major Players £42000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Product Sub Editor and Translator (German speaking) Major Players £25000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Major Players £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Agile Project Manager, E-commerce, Analytics, Agile, Data Salt £50000 - £78000 per annum + Benefits, London
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran