Star Alliance rolls out sustainability-themed ads
Aviation group Star Alliance, which includes brands such as bmi, Continental Airlines and Lufthansa, has launched a pan-European ad campaign to promote global travel.
The TV, print, online and social media ads, by DDB UK, focus on the "Biosphere Connections" sustainability project launched four years by Star Alliance and the United Nations Educational and Scientific Organisation (UNESCO).
A five-minute online film looks at the re-introduction of the grey wolf to Yellowstone National Park in the US, and how this was facilitated by "connecting people from all corners of the globe by world-wide travel".
Editorial coverage will run across National Geographic’s print and TV platforms, with YouTube and Facebook pages to drive consumer awareness. The activity fits with Star Alliance’s network strapline of "The way the Earth connects".
Mark Davies, director of loyalty and marketing at Star Alliance, said: "The core theme in this campaign is to underline our brand value of connecting organisations and individuals across the globe."
The 27 Star Alliance member airlines will also feature the campaign through their own communication channels, such as in-flight entertainment systems, in-flight magazines, and frequent-flyer marketing.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Communications Executive Ninesharp £28000 - £35000 per annum + Fantastic Benefits, City of London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Retail] - Superb London Agency! Fill Recruitment £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, London (Greater)
- Online Trading Manager Premier Consultants c.£45k plus bonus , Central London
- Account Director - Integrated / [CARS] - Global Agency - to £55k pending experience Fill Recruitment to £55k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- PLANNING ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - GLOBAL SOFT DRINKS BRAND Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith