Star Alliance rolls out sustainability-themed ads
Aviation group Star Alliance, which includes brands such as bmi, Continental Airlines and Lufthansa, has launched a pan-European ad campaign to promote global travel.
The TV, print, online and social media ads, by DDB UK, focus on the "Biosphere Connections" sustainability project launched four years by Star Alliance and the United Nations Educational and Scientific Organisation (UNESCO).
A five-minute online film looks at the re-introduction of the grey wolf to Yellowstone National Park in the US, and how this was facilitated by "connecting people from all corners of the globe by world-wide travel".
Editorial coverage will run across National Geographic’s print and TV platforms, with YouTube and Facebook pages to drive consumer awareness. The activity fits with Star Alliance’s network strapline of "The way the Earth connects".
Mark Davies, director of loyalty and marketing at Star Alliance, said: "The core theme in this campaign is to underline our brand value of connecting organisations and individuals across the globe."
The 27 Star Alliance member airlines will also feature the campaign through their own communication channels, such as in-flight entertainment systems, in-flight magazines, and frequent-flyer marketing.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Account Executive - Partnership Marketing Stonor £18,000 to £20,000, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Gr...
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager - Integrated - Herts Stonor £28,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience , Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire / London (North), London (Greater)
- Midweight Copywriter (Digital) createselect Up to £38K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive - Healthcare GoodEgg Digital £24k + Great Benefits, England
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- John Lewis Christmas ad gets three times more views than Sainsbury's in first 24 hours
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Watch: Ant and Dec star in Morrisons' festive campaign
- DigitasLBi is on hunt for new media leader as Ling exits
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK