Goodbye Andy Barnes: Channel 4's commercial stalwart exits
Andy Barnes has been the face of Channel 4's commercial operations since it began selling its own airtime in 1993.
Today’s announcement that he is leaving the broadcaster comes a year after David Abraham became chief executive and follows a tough trading season.
Having to horse trade at Horseferry Road following a strong year of programming success at ITV, a bigger than ever Sky, and an incoming, famous and flamboyant owner at Channel 5, can’t have been easy.
But is there more to this departure than meets the eye?
Read more about his exit here
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - Loyalty Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £34000 - £37000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent benefits package, London
- Marketing, Events and Media Manager VMA Group £35,000-£40,000 , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager Kingsgate Recruitment to £35,000 - £40,000, Waterloo Station, London (Greater)
- Social Media Manager Kingsgate Recruitment to £40,000 + Excellent Benefits, Putney Heath Roehampton, London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Executive Kingsgate Recruitment to £25,000 - £30,000, Wimbledon Park, London (Greater)
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign