Boots Opticians launches new TV spot
Boots Opticians has launched a comic TV spot for spring, focusing on a family getting ready for the British summer.
The TV ad broke during 'Emmerdale' on ITV1 on Friday.
Chiming with Boots' wider 'Here Come the Girls' campaign, the ad features the couple who appeared in the New Year ads, along with their daughter and her boyfriend.
The light-hearted 30-second ad shows the dad building a garden table, but refusing to wear glasses to look at the instructions, resulting in him accidentally building a wooden chair instead. The ad finishes with the offer of "two complete pairs for £79."
Activity will also include in-store, online and direct marketing. The ad was created by Mother, directed by Ric Cantor, and produced by Paul McPadden.
Helen Jeremiah, head of marketing for Boots Opticians, explained: "We wanted to extend the offer to include prescription sunglasses, so that glasses wearers can get their sunglasses at the same time as their ordinary glasses, providing even more value this summer.
"With Easter being a big time for gardening and DIY, we think that this family's experience will be mirrored the country over in the next few weeks, so hopefully it will raise many a wry smile."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Digital The Great & The Good £8000 - £100000 per annum, London
- PR MANAGER Totum Partners £50000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Research Manager Lipton Fleming £35000 - £46000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Head of PR and Public Affairs (12 month maternity contract) Stopgap £54000 - £64000 per annum + pro rata, West Midlands
- Community Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham