Goodfella's in strategy shift
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 April 2011 08:30AM
Northern Foods is ditching its Goodfella's "pizza fairy" brand character after admitting that its advertising for the frozen pizza range had "lost its way".
The £5m push coincided with a redesign of Goodfella's packaging last year, as it looked to revive flagging sales and win share from rival Dr Oetker.
The ads, created by Mother, broke last May and featured an Italian-American waiter with wings and a wand.
Northern Foods' managing director of brands, Graham Hunter, who took up his role in October, said the character would not be returning.
The revamp for 2011 will focus on new products, including Goodfella's Flatbread and Garlic Bread. Both are being rolled out in supermarkets.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Dealer consultant / regional marketing manager - automotive David Thatcher Recruitment c£35k + car, South Buckinghamshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show