Goodfella's in strategy shift
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 April 2011 08:30AM
Northern Foods is ditching its Goodfella's "pizza fairy" brand character after admitting that its advertising for the frozen pizza range had "lost its way".
The £5m push coincided with a redesign of Goodfella's packaging last year, as it looked to revive flagging sales and win share from rival Dr Oetker.
The ads, created by Mother, broke last May and featured an Italian-American waiter with wings and a wand.
Northern Foods' managing director of brands, Graham Hunter, who took up his role in October, said the character would not be returning.
The revamp for 2011 will focus on new products, including Goodfella's Flatbread and Garlic Bread. Both are being rolled out in supermarkets.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Midweight Graphic Designer Purple Consultancy Ã‚£25000 - Ã‚£28000 per annum, London
- Freelance Senior Designer Purple Consultancy Ã‚£230 - Ã‚£250 per day, London
- PPC Campaign Executive - London Agency Silverdrum £20,000 - £26,000 + benefits, London
- Freelance Senior Packaging Designer Purple Consultancy Ã‚£200 - Ã‚£250 per day, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy Ã‚£30000 - Ã‚£38000 per annum, London
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Campaign Viral Chart: Sainsbury's Christmas ad tops the table
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton