Goodfella's in strategy shift
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 April 2011 08:30AM
Northern Foods is ditching its Goodfella's "pizza fairy" brand character after admitting that its advertising for the frozen pizza range had "lost its way".
The £5m push coincided with a redesign of Goodfella's packaging last year, as it looked to revive flagging sales and win share from rival Dr Oetker.
The ads, created by Mother, broke last May and featured an Italian-American waiter with wings and a wand.
Northern Foods' managing director of brands, Graham Hunter, who took up his role in October, said the character would not be returning.
The revamp for 2011 will focus on new products, including Goodfella's Flatbread and Garlic Bread. Both are being rolled out in supermarkets.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- CRM Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Senior Marketing Manager - Campaigns Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £60,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline