Goodfella's in strategy shift
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 April 2011 08:30AM
Northern Foods is ditching its Goodfella's "pizza fairy" brand character after admitting that its advertising for the frozen pizza range had "lost its way".
The £5m push coincided with a redesign of Goodfella's packaging last year, as it looked to revive flagging sales and win share from rival Dr Oetker.
The ads, created by Mother, broke last May and featured an Italian-American waiter with wings and a wand.
Northern Foods' managing director of brands, Graham Hunter, who took up his role in October, said the character would not be returning.
The revamp for 2011 will focus on new products, including Goodfella's Flatbread and Garlic Bread. Both are being rolled out in supermarkets.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, West End
- Search Manager Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Creative Project Manager/Production Manager become £30k-£42k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, Manchester
- Campaign Manager,Professional services,London,£50k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: +excellent benefits, London
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44