Goodfella's in strategy shift
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 April 2011 08:30AM
Northern Foods is ditching its Goodfella's "pizza fairy" brand character after admitting that its advertising for the frozen pizza range had "lost its way".
The £5m push coincided with a redesign of Goodfella's packaging last year, as it looked to revive flagging sales and win share from rival Dr Oetker.
The ads, created by Mother, broke last May and featured an Italian-American waiter with wings and a wand.
Northern Foods' managing director of brands, Graham Hunter, who took up his role in October, said the character would not be returning.
The revamp for 2011 will focus on new products, including Goodfella's Flatbread and Garlic Bread. Both are being rolled out in supermarkets.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014