Hovis promotes British farmers with new TV ad
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 April 2011 08:30AM
Hovis has become the latest brand to champion British farmers in its marketing, with a TV campaign focusing on its use of only British wheat across its range.
The TV push, by Dare, breaks on 9 April and shows genuine Hovis farmers taking part in a cross-country race. The ad was shot near Macclesfield, which was home to Hovis’ first mill.
As well as TV, the campaign runs across outdoor, social media and digital. Hovis has also signed a media partnership with The Sun.
The campaign follows Hovis’ recent redesign of its Soft White range, featuring Union Flag packaging, as the Premier Foods brand aims to tap into excitement around this month’s royal wedding.
Hovis claims it is the sole major bread brand to use only British wheat.
Last year, McDonald’s featured British farmers in its ads, in an attempt to raise awareness of the role British farms will play in providing produce for the London 2012 Olympics.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%