Hovis promotes British farmers with new TV ad
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 April 2011 08:30AM
Hovis has become the latest brand to champion British farmers in its marketing, with a TV campaign focusing on its use of only British wheat across its range.
The TV push, by Dare, breaks on 9 April and shows genuine Hovis farmers taking part in a cross-country race. The ad was shot near Macclesfield, which was home to Hovis’ first mill.
As well as TV, the campaign runs across outdoor, social media and digital. Hovis has also signed a media partnership with The Sun.
The campaign follows Hovis’ recent redesign of its Soft White range, featuring Union Flag packaging, as the Premier Foods brand aims to tap into excitement around this month’s royal wedding.
Hovis claims it is the sole major bread brand to use only British wheat.
Last year, McDonald’s featured British farmers in its ads, in an attempt to raise awareness of the role British farms will play in providing produce for the London 2012 Olympics.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + c/a, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham