Birds Eye brings out Clarence the Bear for latest campaign
Birds Eye, the seafood brand, has launched a TV ad as part of a £3m marketing campaign to promote its new product, Catch Fresh.
The campaign, created by AMV BBDO, features a 30-second ad that runs until 29 May across ITV, Channel 4, Sky 1, Living, ITV2 and E4. It will run again between 1 August and 4 September.
The ad features Clarence the Polar Bear on holiday by the Amalfi Coast. He sits at an outdoor cafe, behind a restaurant menu, and talks to a fellow diner called Janice.
He tells Janice "This time tomorrow, you'll be back in Bromley", but she will still be able to get the new Birdseye Catch Fresh prawns at home. It will be "like the holiday never ends".
The TV ad is supported by direct mail, online activity, on-pack and in-store promotions. Media buying is handled by Carat.
Clarence the Polar Bear is voiced by actor Willem Dafoe and first appeared in the Birds Eye '100%' campaign last May.
Nathan Ansell, Birds Eye general marketing manager, said: "Clarence's straight-talking manner has proven hugely popular with our customers and has helped raise the profile of the Birds Eye brand.
"We're excited about the launch of Catch Fresh and we trust Clarence, as our brand ambassador, to help it grow into a £10m brand."
The Catch Fresh range includes Emperor King Prawns, King Prawns and Crispy King Prawns.
In 2009, Birds Eye signed up 80s kids favourite and "saviour of TVAM" Roland Rat, to promote the relaunch of the dessert Birds Eye Supermousse.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager - freelance Stopgap £135 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Technical Account Manager - AdServer / DSP Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Client Services Account Manager - Digtial Media Ultimate Asset £24000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Strategic Insight Manager Hasson Associates £57,000 - £65,000, Kent
- Brand Insight Manager Hasson Associates £57,000 - £65,000, Kent
- Spotify parts ways with European leader Chris Maples
- Campaign Viral Chart: New Yorkers nod to Derek Jeter
- Senior adland figures launch star-studded campaign against Scottish independence
- Channel 4 and Magnum Mini partner for 'sweet' 9pm film sponsorship
- 6 ads that made... Bartle Bogle Hegarty
- O2 dog turns hip hop for Big Bundles