P&G launches digital beauty magazine
Procter & Gamble has launched a free monthly digital magazine to drive up its online offering.
The e-zine, called Beauty Recommended, will be sent to the one million consumers who are already registered on the P&G site, www.supersavvyme.com.
Beauty Recommended marks the first digital magazine to be launched by the maker of Pampers, Gillette and Pantene, and sent to its customers.
It was created following a poll of female consumers, which found that 92% of women do not feel that beauty brands listen to their views.
The online magazine is edited by Annabel Jones, formerly the beauty editor at women's weekly magazine Grazia.
It features beauty tips and editorial pieces centred on P&G’s beauty products, such as Olay and Max Factor, alongside pieces by the company's science experts, known beauty experts and celebrity ambassadors such as Duffy and Cat Deeley.
The e-zine features a "click-to-buy" capability through online retailers Boots and Superdrug.
Jones said: "We’re building an online community of real women who are part of the team, trying out products and new trends, then sharing their reviews with the readers on film. It's a step ahead of traditional magazines."
Zaid Al-Qassab, marketing director, P&G beauty UK and Ireland, calls Beauty Recommended an "exciting innovation" for the company’s beauty category, and an effective way for women to "interact" with the brands.
A cross-brand initiative has also been launched by P&G, called The Makeup Collection, which aims to combine its beauty brands such as Pantene and Gillette, to create a beauty pack that complements the magazine, as the products have been chosen by the ambassadors from Beauty Recommended.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Demand Generation Manager Salt £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus, London
- Senior Programmatic Sales Manager - Native Adtech Platform Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + commission and benefits , London
- Junior Marketing Analyst-Leading Publisher Salt £24000 - £26000 per annum, Cambridge