Fallon lands £5m House of Fraser ad account
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 April 2011 08:00AM
House of Fraser has appointed Fallon to handle its £5 million advertising account.
The agency won the business following a pitch against Euro RSCG London, and will handle a national brand-building campaign for the department store group.
Following the appointment, it’s expected that Fallon will sever its final ties with French Connection.
The agency’s relationship with the clothing company became strained earlier this year when French Connection appointed Fallon breakaway 101 as a creative consultant.
Previously, House of Fraser has centered its advertising activity around local and regional promotions, but Fallon’s appointment signals its intention to shift its focus to larger national campaigns.
The department store first called a pitch for its advertising business in February.
Just weeks after the review was announced, House of Fraser’s brand director Matt Chambers was made redundant. He has not been directly replaced, instead Nigel Oddy, the company’s executive director for group merchandising and planning, is taking control of marketing.
In recent years House of Fraser has created most of its marketing activity in-house.
However in 2008 the department store did appoint DLKW Lowe to introduce a new brand positioning. The agency created a print, outdoor and digital campaign using the line: "Temptation on every level".
Last month, House of Fraser also appointed Harriman Steel to handle the launch of its new Label Lab menswear SS11 range. This activity is unaffected by Fallon’s appointment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Client Services Director - Brand Marketing Agency ADLIB £60k - £65k, Bath
- Senior Account Manager - B2B and B2C integrated and digital comms JEFFERSON £30,000 - 40,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE MANAGER 35-45k London Creative Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Account Manager - Mobile Loyalty Digital Gurus £25000 - £37000 Per Annum, London
- UI Designer - Unrestricted Creative, Prototyping and Innovation ADLIB Upto £25k DOE, Bristol
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake