Bainsfair set to be the next IPA director-general
By Campaign Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 April 2011 08:00AM
Paul Bainsfair, the European head of Iris, is being lined up to take over as the next director-general of the IPA when Hamish Pringle steps down this summer.
Bainsfair has more than three decades’ experience working in the advertising industry, with an impressive CV that spans top jobs in agency networks, experience in traditional, integrated and digital agencies as well as launching his own start-up.
He’s a former managing director of Saatchi & Saatchi, and founded his own agency, Bainsfair Sharkey Trott, in 1986. BST was later bought by Gold Greenlees Trott, which merged with the TBWA network in 1998, and Bainsfair rose to become chairman of TBWA\Europe.
As Director General of the IPA Bainsfair will work alongside its new President, Nicola Mendelsohn, to promote and support the advertising industry through the IPA’s respected programme of education, training, advice and inspiration.
Pringle will step down from the IPA Direct General role after ten years in the post.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Director Lipton Fleming £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Head of Video Aspire £60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Demand Generation Manager Salt £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus, London