Bainsfair set to be the next IPA director-general
By Campaign Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 April 2011 08:00AM
Paul Bainsfair, the European head of Iris, is being lined up to take over as the next director-general of the IPA when Hamish Pringle steps down this summer.
Bainsfair has more than three decades’ experience working in the advertising industry, with an impressive CV that spans top jobs in agency networks, experience in traditional, integrated and digital agencies as well as launching his own start-up.
He’s a former managing director of Saatchi & Saatchi, and founded his own agency, Bainsfair Sharkey Trott, in 1986. BST was later bought by Gold Greenlees Trott, which merged with the TBWA network in 1998, and Bainsfair rose to become chairman of TBWA\Europe.
As Director General of the IPA Bainsfair will work alongside its new President, Nicola Mendelsohn, to promote and support the advertising industry through the IPA’s respected programme of education, training, advice and inspiration.
Pringle will step down from the IPA Direct General role after ten years in the post.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Manager Source £25000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits package, London