Sky Sports to celebrate 20th birthday with Absolute Radio
BSkyB has signed a major deal with Absolute Radio to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Sky Sports, which will include a special broadcast of the Absolute Radio Breakfast Show from the Soccer AM studios.
To accompany the live broadcast from the Soccer AM studios in Isleworth on 20 April, listeners will be able to win 20 month Sky Sports subscriptions throughout the day, as prizes on Absolute Radio.
Russ Williams, presenter of 'Absolute Radio Rock ‘N’ Roll Football Live', will take over the breakfast show slot from Christian O’Connell, with guest presenter and Soccer AM host, Helen Chamberlain.
Williams will be reunited with Chamberlain, who he worked with in the early days of Soccer AM between 1995 and 1996, and they will be joined by other special guests from the world of sport who will stop by for live interviews.
In addition, lead singer Simon Fowler and guitarist Steve Cradock from the indie band Ocean Colour Scene will perform an exclusive live set of songs from their 1996 album ‘Moseley Shoals,’ from the studio.
Bob Suppiah, director of promotions and partnership marketing at Sky, said the live broadcast would build on the "huge success" of the recent launch of Sky Atlantic, when Geoff Lloyd's 'Hometime Show' broadcast live from New York City.
The deal was brokered by WPP media agency MediaCom and will be managed by boutique promotions agency The Promotions Factory (tpf). Both agencies were also involved in the Sky Atlantic deal.
Sky Sports is the sponsor of Absolute Radio’s football coverage on Saturday afternoon including Williams’ pre-match build up, the live commentary from Jim Proudfoot, and post-match analysis with former Arsenal player Ian Wright.
Suppiah said: "Absolute has been a long-term partner of Sky and we are extremely excited by this promotion, which we are positive will be well received by the listeners, building on the success of our Sony Award-nominated sponsorship of Absolute Rock ’N’ Roll Football."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Sports! Cross Platform Creative Solutions Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential & Bens, London
- Agency Account Director- Programmatic Video Platform Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- Account Manager EMEA - Ad-tech Company Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + bonus & benefits , London
- Senior PR Account MAnager - Digital AF Selection £30000 - £35000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Director Pitch Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile