Aquafresh bids to reach families through cinema
GlaxoSmithKline's consumer healthcare division has signed a 12-month sponsorship deal with Cineworld Cinemas to promote its Aquafresh Children's toothpaste.
Cineworld will run a 30-second ad for the toothpaste brand before family films, and screen a 10-minute Aquafreah show before each Saturday morning family film, across 69 cinemas in the UK.
The show features the brand's established Nurdles characters and introduces a new animated human character called Olly. GSK aims to engage mothers more fully with the new character.
The ads and the show are created by an agency called Kids Industries and the deal was brokered with cinema sales house Digital Cinema Media by MediaCom.
The sponsorship deal will be supported by TV and online ads across Boomerang TV, the Cartoonito channel and Bounty.com.
The activity is part of a £2.5m spend by GSK this year on Aquafresh Children's toothpaste.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Trade Marketing Executive - Up to £32k - Surrey - Travel Profiles Creative £28000 - £32000 per annum, Surrey
- Digital Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection £60 - £68K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager | Digital Nu Creative Talent £32k-41k + bonus + relocation , London
- Product Manager Better Placed Recruitment £45000 - £65000 per annum + bonus and benefits, City of London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'