Aquafresh bids to reach families through cinema
GlaxoSmithKline's consumer healthcare division has signed a 12-month sponsorship deal with Cineworld Cinemas to promote its Aquafresh Children's toothpaste.
Cineworld will run a 30-second ad for the toothpaste brand before family films, and screen a 10-minute Aquafreah show before each Saturday morning family film, across 69 cinemas in the UK.
The show features the brand's established Nurdles characters and introduces a new animated human character called Olly. GSK aims to engage mothers more fully with the new character.
The ads and the show are created by an agency called Kids Industries and the deal was brokered with cinema sales house Digital Cinema Media by MediaCom.
The sponsorship deal will be supported by TV and online ads across Boomerang TV, the Cartoonito channel and Bounty.com.
The activity is part of a £2.5m spend by GSK this year on Aquafresh Children's toothpaste.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - leading creative agency (Hertford) Media IQ Recruitment Up to £33k basic, Hertfordshire / Hertford, Hertfordshire / Hertford, Hertfordshire
- Account Manager Major Players £160.00 - £220.00 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Affiliate Account Manager Premier Media £26000 - £32000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Designer - Creative Agency (Hertford) Media IQ Recruitment Up to £42k basic, Hertfordshire / Hertford, Hertfordshire / Hertford, Hertfordshire
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers
- McDonald's marks 40 years with charity ad