Aquafresh bids to reach families through cinema
GlaxoSmithKline's consumer healthcare division has signed a 12-month sponsorship deal with Cineworld Cinemas to promote its Aquafresh Children's toothpaste.
Cineworld will run a 30-second ad for the toothpaste brand before family films, and screen a 10-minute Aquafreah show before each Saturday morning family film, across 69 cinemas in the UK.
The show features the brand's established Nurdles characters and introduces a new animated human character called Olly. GSK aims to engage mothers more fully with the new character.
The ads and the show are created by an agency called Kids Industries and the deal was brokered with cinema sales house Digital Cinema Media by MediaCom.
The sponsorship deal will be supported by TV and online ads across Boomerang TV, the Cartoonito channel and Bounty.com.
The activity is part of a £2.5m spend by GSK this year on Aquafresh Children's toothpaste.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director air recruitment Up to £50k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Creative Graphic Designer Beyond The Book £DOE, Gloucestershire
- Senior Data Planner / Strategist Direct Recruitment £60K- £70K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28K- £32K, London (Central), London (Greater)