Aquafresh bids to reach families through cinema
GlaxoSmithKline's consumer healthcare division has signed a 12-month sponsorship deal with Cineworld Cinemas to promote its Aquafresh Children's toothpaste.
Cineworld will run a 30-second ad for the toothpaste brand before family films, and screen a 10-minute Aquafreah show before each Saturday morning family film, across 69 cinemas in the UK.
The show features the brand's established Nurdles characters and introduces a new animated human character called Olly. GSK aims to engage mothers more fully with the new character.
The ads and the show are created by an agency called Kids Industries and the deal was brokered with cinema sales house Digital Cinema Media by MediaCom.
The sponsorship deal will be supported by TV and online ads across Boomerang TV, the Cartoonito channel and Bounty.com.
The activity is part of a £2.5m spend by GSK this year on Aquafresh Children's toothpaste.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Digital Account Manager (Surrey) become £35k, Surrey
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief