Ex-BSkyB sales director Ivey appointed MD at Say Media
Giles Ivey, the former digital sales director at BSkyB, has been appointed as managing director of online advertising network Say Media, formerly VideoEgg.
Ivey will take up the post at the end of the month and be responsible for beefing up the company’s UK operation and expanding into Europe in the next 18 months.
Ivey will work alongside Say Media’s commercial director Paps Shaikh who has been overseeing the company’s UK and European business until now.
Ivey left BSkyB in July last year following a company review to align the broadcaster’s digital sales with its above-the-line offering.
At BSkyB Ivey had been responsible for all Sky-branded portals, reporting to Andy Jonesco, managing director of online business at Sky, and Nick Milligan, managing director of Sky Media.
Ivey said: "The opportunity to join a rapidly growing young business was a challenge I couldn’t resist. At a time of innovation in the industry to join a company such as Say Media that is challenging accepted norms, new thinking around vertical media and brand advertising is a great privilege."
After leaving Sky Ivey worked as consultant at Vevo, the online music video service launched in the US by Universal, Sony, and the Abu Dhabi Media Company in partnership with Google, to set up a UK salesforce for its imminent launch.
VideoEgg rebranded as Say Media in September last year after acquiring media company Six Apart.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency