Ex-BSkyB sales director Ivey appointed MD at Say Media
Giles Ivey, the former digital sales director at BSkyB, has been appointed as managing director of online advertising network Say Media, formerly VideoEgg.
Ivey will take up the post at the end of the month and be responsible for beefing up the company’s UK operation and expanding into Europe in the next 18 months.
Ivey will work alongside Say Media’s commercial director Paps Shaikh who has been overseeing the company’s UK and European business until now.
Ivey left BSkyB in July last year following a company review to align the broadcaster’s digital sales with its above-the-line offering.
At BSkyB Ivey had been responsible for all Sky-branded portals, reporting to Andy Jonesco, managing director of online business at Sky, and Nick Milligan, managing director of Sky Media.
Ivey said: "The opportunity to join a rapidly growing young business was a challenge I couldn’t resist. At a time of innovation in the industry to join a company such as Say Media that is challenging accepted norms, new thinking around vertical media and brand advertising is a great privilege."
After leaving Sky Ivey worked as consultant at Vevo, the online music video service launched in the US by Universal, Sony, and the Abu Dhabi Media Company in partnership with Google, to set up a UK salesforce for its imminent launch.
VideoEgg rebranded as Say Media in September last year after acquiring media company Six Apart.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Team (Copywriter & Art Director) Mavis Recruitment Up to £32k each depending on experience, Central London
- Online Marketing Assistant Stopgap £20000 - £25000 per annum, London
- PPC Manager- Client- Side Aspire £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Propositions Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum, Solihull
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show