Metro rejigs senior management roles
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 April 2011 11:08AM
Metro, the free morning newspaper, has made a number of changes to its management team under new managing director Linda Grant.
Grant, previously commercial development director at Associated Newspapers, took the role in March from Steve Auckland, who was made managing director of Associated's sister regional newspapers company, Northcliffe Media.
A number of key Metro executives have been rewarded with bigger remits at the paper.
Grant Woodthorpe, previously executive director for sales and commercial, has now been given extra responsibility for overseeing the paper’s brand extensions and special projects.
These include EcoVelocity, a family-friendly motor show, and Venture Candy, a competition that Metro runs for aspiring entrepreneurs.
Further changes include the promotion of Jamie Walters, executive director of digital, to the Metro executive board.
Circulation director John Leitch has become executive director operations, with a broader remit, which will now include production and distribution.
Assistant managing director and finance director Rich Mead, meanwhile, is moving to work with his former boss Steve Auckland at Northcliffe Media, which publishes 95 regional titles, including the Hull Daily Mail and Western Daily Press.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Executive AF Selection £21,000 - £24,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director Aspire £45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Account Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £28,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester