C4's Radcliffe to move to chief marketing post at ITV
Rufus Radcliffe, marketing controller for Channel 4, has been appointed group marketing and research director at ITV, replacing group marketing director David Pemsel who left last year.
Radcliffe will take charge of ITV’s marketing strategy and brand development across all platforms, and will oversee the viewer and trade marketing teams, media planning, ITV Creative and continuity, as well as research and customer insight.
He will report to Peter Fincham, ITV director of television.
At Channel 4, Radcliffe oversaw all programme and brand marketing activity across all platforms, including Channel 4, E4, More4, Film 4 and 4OD, and also developed trade marketing activities, including last autumn’s star-studded "Upfronts".
In his 10 years at Channel 4, he was part of the E4 launch team and was involved in the launches of More4, C4+1 and catch-up service 4OD. Radcliffe started his career at advertising agencies J Walter Thompson and McCann Erickson.
Fincham said: "Rufus has a terrific track record as a creative marketer working across a range of programmes, channels and digital services. Continuing to build and develop the success of ITV’s brands is a core part of our ongoing transformation plan. Rufus will have a pivotal role to play and is an exciting addition to our team."
Radcliffe’s role differs to the one held by Pemsel, who sat on the ITV board until a restructure in July 2010, when Fincham took on overall responsibility for the marketing division. Pemsel announced his departure a week later.
Radcliffe said: "After 10 unforgettable years at Channel 4, the chance to market ITV, one of Britain's biggest and best-loved brands, was too good to turn down. As the transformation plan gathers momentum, it feels like the perfect time to join."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Manager, FMCG, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £48000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Richmond upon Thames
- Online Analytics Manager, Telecoms, Slough Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £65000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Slough
- Digital Strategist - iconic luxury brand - £55K-£65K Bamboo Crowd £55K-£65K, London (Greater)
- Social & Digital Director - iconic luxury brand - £50K-£55K Bamboo Crowd £50K-£55K, London (Greater)
- Web Designer | Junior / Midweight Nu Creative Talent Negotiable, London