MediaCom picks up international account for dating site Zoosk
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 April 2011 04:18PM
Online dating site Zoosk has appointed MediaCom to its multimillion-pound account after a three-way competitive pitch against undisclosed agencies.
The account will be run by MediaCom International and will include nine markets across the Europe, Middle East and Africa region, and Asia Pacific.
Activity for the brand will be mainly television-based, with Zoosk estimated to spend £2m in the UK.
The activity in the UK is the first time the Zoosk brand has been seen outside the US and Canada, where the dating service has based most of its advertising until now.
Jeff Titterton, vice-president of marketing for Zoosk, said: "We chose MediaCom due to their clear understanding of our objectives, through response to our initial briefing, and their global reach."
Gavin Duke, head of international at MediaCom, said: "Zoosk has a fantastic opportunity to replicate their successful business model on a global basis and we are delighted to support them in this plan."
Originally founded in San Francisco in 2007, Zoosk now has more than 50 million users from more than 60 countries around the world. Zoosk is currently offered in 25 languages and has a range of membership levels.
Creative work will be provided by fellow WPP group company, Ogilvy Action based in Atlanta, US.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers