MediaCom picks up international account for dating site Zoosk
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 April 2011 04:18PM
Online dating site Zoosk has appointed MediaCom to its multimillion-pound account after a three-way competitive pitch against undisclosed agencies.
The account will be run by MediaCom International and will include nine markets across the Europe, Middle East and Africa region, and Asia Pacific.
Activity for the brand will be mainly television-based, with Zoosk estimated to spend £2m in the UK.
The activity in the UK is the first time the Zoosk brand has been seen outside the US and Canada, where the dating service has based most of its advertising until now.
Jeff Titterton, vice-president of marketing for Zoosk, said: "We chose MediaCom due to their clear understanding of our objectives, through response to our initial briefing, and their global reach."
Gavin Duke, head of international at MediaCom, said: "Zoosk has a fantastic opportunity to replicate their successful business model on a global basis and we are delighted to support them in this plan."
Originally founded in San Francisco in 2007, Zoosk now has more than 50 million users from more than 60 countries around the world. Zoosk is currently offered in 25 languages and has a range of membership levels.
Creative work will be provided by fellow WPP group company, Ogilvy Action based in Atlanta, US.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham