Novartis to review $600m global media business
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 08:47AM
Novartis, the pharmaceutical giant, is gearing up to launch a review of its estimated $600m global media business.
WPP's MEC is the incumbent on the global business, including in the UK.
In 2008 Novartis consolidated its US media planning and buying into MEC after moving its business from sibling agency Mindshare in a global realignment.
The company, which has a consumer health business that markets over the counter medicines such as Tixylix and Savlon, spent £9m in the UK in the past 12 months, according to Nielsen.
Novartis, which is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, has three other businesses called Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Diagnostics, and Sandoz Generics, a global supplier of generic medicines that are produced after a popular medicine's patent has expired.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Integrated Designer | Contract | Central London Salt £150 - £250 per day, London
- Midweight Digital Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Up to £32K, London
- Project Manager - SEO - top media agency in the industry SAVVY Media Ltd £30-40K, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover) Timebased Events Ltd Subject to experience, 18-20 Penton Street, London, N1 9PS