Cadbury dares the public with new Creme Egg mobile app
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 11:44AM
Cadbury has launched a Creme Egg mobile gaming app that encourages users to carry out dares in the run-up to Easter.
The free app supports Cadbury's multimillion-pound 'Goo Dares Wins' campaign, part of its 'Spots V Stripes London 2012' initiative.
The 'Goo Dares Wins' app, by digital agency CMW, is available on iPhone and Android phones. It encourages consumers to carry out dares from the main Creme Egg website.
Dares include using Creme Egg fondant as a facemask, crushing a Creme Egg between the toes, and spelling out the word "goo" with the fondant. App users can upload photos and videos of themselves carrying out the dares.
Creme Egg was the first Cadbury brand to be leveraged as part of the confectioner's high-profile 'Spot v Stripes' initiative, which encourages the nation to play.
In January, Fallon rolled out a TV ad for the 'Goo Dares Wins' campaign, featuring a Creme Egg creating dares for the public. A following ad, taken from the website, featured a fan carrying out the dare.
Cadbury is currently reviewing the digital strategy for 'Spot v Stripes', as it is understood to have been criticised internally for failing to engage consumers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior customer & Market Intelligence Manager Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
- Product Manager Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
- Java Developer Project Manager @ Global Beverage Giant Digital Gurus £40000 - £55000 Per Annum Benefits + Bonus, Surrey
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show