Cadbury dares the public with new Creme Egg mobile app
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 11:44AM
Cadbury has launched a Creme Egg mobile gaming app that encourages users to carry out dares in the run-up to Easter.
The free app supports Cadbury's multimillion-pound 'Goo Dares Wins' campaign, part of its 'Spots V Stripes London 2012' initiative.
The 'Goo Dares Wins' app, by digital agency CMW, is available on iPhone and Android phones. It encourages consumers to carry out dares from the main Creme Egg website.
Dares include using Creme Egg fondant as a facemask, crushing a Creme Egg between the toes, and spelling out the word "goo" with the fondant. App users can upload photos and videos of themselves carrying out the dares.
Creme Egg was the first Cadbury brand to be leveraged as part of the confectioner's high-profile 'Spot v Stripes' initiative, which encourages the nation to play.
In January, Fallon rolled out a TV ad for the 'Goo Dares Wins' campaign, featuring a Creme Egg creating dares for the public. A following ad, taken from the website, featured a fan carrying out the dare.
Cadbury is currently reviewing the digital strategy for 'Spot v Stripes', as it is understood to have been criticised internally for failing to engage consumers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager / European Brand Leader - 12 month contract Seven Search and Selection £65k plus £7,500 car allowance, 20% bonus plus package, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Event Producer / Project Manager / Production guru - Fashion!! Network Career Consultants £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch