Adam & Eve lures creative pairing from AMV
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 April 2011 12:12AM
Adam & Eve has hired Aidan McClure and Laurent Simon, the creative team behind the award-winning "polar bear" cinema ad for the climate change charity Plane Stupid.
The pair join Adam & Eve from Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and will work across the agency's client list. They will report to Adam & Eve's creative directors, Ben Priest, Emer Stamp and Ben Tollett.
McClure and Simon teamed up at Watford College in 2006 and won a place on a Diageo scholarship scheme, which provided them with placements at Mother and Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
While at Mother, they created the "polar bear" spot, which won awards including a bronze Cannes Lion.
The pair were subsequently hired permanently by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, and have created work for brands including The Economist, Wrigley and Tusker Lager.
Most recently, they handled the St Patrick's Day campaign for Guinness, which aimed to educate men about how to prepare for "the friendliest day of the year".
A series of online ads were seeded on YouTube and Facebook that taught men how to engage in activities such as hugging other men and holding a conversation with a stranger.
Stamp said: "We have had our eyes on Aidan and Laurent for a while, so we are delighted they have decided to join us. For a young team, they already have a great body of work."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager, FMCG, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £48000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Richmond upon Thames
- Online Analytics Manager, Telecoms, Slough Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £65000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Slough
- Digital Strategist - iconic luxury brand - £55K-£65K Bamboo Crowd £55K-£65K, London (Greater)
- Social & Digital Director - iconic luxury brand - £50K-£55K Bamboo Crowd £50K-£55K, London (Greater)
- Web Designer | Junior / Midweight Nu Creative Talent Negotiable, London