Bmi launches first UK airline mobile booking site
British Midland International has launched a mobile website that enables consumers to book and pay for flights with their smartphones.
Consumers that visit flybmi.com using a smartphone will be redirected to the mobile site.
Key features on the mobile site include searching and booking flights, a search for the lowest fares by region, managing existing bookings, online check-in, timetable information and flight statuses, frequently asked questions and airport information.
Bmi Diamond Club members will also be able to access their account and view their miles balance.
Joerg Hennemann, chief commercial officer, bmi, said: "The importance of smartphones and being able to do business on the move is now an essential requirement for UK businesses and customers.
"In recent years bmi became the first British airline to launch mobile boarding passes for its customers and I am immensely proud that we are also leading the way in airline mobile site functionality."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, West End
- Search Manager Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Creative Project Manager/Production Manager become £30k-£42k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, Manchester
- Campaign Manager,Professional services,London,£50k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: +excellent benefits, London
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44