Bmi launches first UK airline mobile booking site
British Midland International has launched a mobile website that enables consumers to book and pay for flights with their smartphones.
Consumers that visit flybmi.com using a smartphone will be redirected to the mobile site.
Key features on the mobile site include searching and booking flights, a search for the lowest fares by region, managing existing bookings, online check-in, timetable information and flight statuses, frequently asked questions and airport information.
Bmi Diamond Club members will also be able to access their account and view their miles balance.
Joerg Hennemann, chief commercial officer, bmi, said: "The importance of smartphones and being able to do business on the move is now an essential requirement for UK businesses and customers.
"In recent years bmi became the first British airline to launch mobile boarding passes for its customers and I am immensely proud that we are also leading the way in airline mobile site functionality."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - Corporate Fundraising Stopgap £35000 per annum + Until December 2015, London
- Junior / Midweight Retail Designer - Award winning Agency Twist Recruitment £23000 - £27000 per annum + Really good benefits, West London
- MW Creative Team Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Midweight Video Editor Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 Per Annum, London
- Group Account Director Stopgap £60000 - £65000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad