Publicis Groupe increases stake in Brazil's Talent
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 18 April 2011 11:06AM
Publicis Groupe continues to develop its portfolio after upping its stake in Brazilian agency Talent, and selling UK PR firm Freud Communications back to its founder.
The deal follows Publicis Groupe's initial acquisition of the Talent Group for 49% in September, after fending off competition from WPP to land the stake in the 260-strong group.
Talent Group's management team and founding partners Julio Ribeiro and Paula Zoega, will continue to lead the agency.
The Brazilian advertising agency provides services such as strategy, creative, media planning, digital communication, below-the-line, promotion, activation and mass-media communication. Clients include Semp Toshiba and Santander.
Publicis Groupe's Brazilian network includes Leo Burnett, Publicis Worldwide, Saatchi & Saatchi, VivaKi, and MSLGROUP.
Jean-Yves Naouri, chief operating officer of Publicis Groupe and executive chairman of Publicis Worldwide, said: "Brazil is one of the most promising markets in the world and Talent is one of the most accomplished agencies in Brazil. This partnership will fuel growth for both partners and signals Publicis Worldwide’s continued intent to build strength in fast-moving Bric markets."
Separately, Publicis Groupe has sold its majority stake in UK public relations firm Freud Communications, to the agency’s founder and chairman, Matthew Freud.
Publicis, which has owned the majority stake in the company since 2005, will continue to provide clients with a range of services in branding and PR services through its global PR network, MSLGROUP.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of New Business to £70,000. Film & Commercials agency. London EC1 Mark Paine Recruitment to £70,000, EC1
- Production Editor - £33,000. Premium publishing and brand agency. WC2 London Mark Paine Recruitment to £33,000 plus benefits/ healthcare & dental care., WC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years