Mercedes-Benz takes over Evo iPad app
By Katherine Levy, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 18 April 2011 03:45PM
Dennis Publishing's Evo magazine, the monthly car title, has created a bespoke campaign with Mercedes-Benz to promote the new C-Class Estate Sport on its iPad app.
In a deal worth over £80,000, according to Dennis, the car manufacturer has taken a "lock-out" on advertising for the April and May issues of the Evo iPad app. No other advertiser will have a platform on these two iPad issues.
The ads include film and photography of the car created by the in-house film team, Dennis Films.
Dennis said the campaign will see the first interactive 360 degree view of the interior of the car, created with Adobe software.
Viewers can navigate around the inside of the vehicle via the iPad app, which also features an interactive panorama view of the interior.
An ad on the app showcases 10 of the best improvements to the C-Class series and pixelated images focus, when clicked on, to reveal the modified areas of the car.
Media for the Mercedes-Benz campaign was planned and bought by Maxus.
Jonathan Kitchen, commercial director, Dennis Publishing, said: "We are constantly pushing the boundaries of innovation for our advertisers with our cross-platform brands such as evo, and the lock-out with Mercedes-Benz has really allowed us to demonstrate how we can create exciting and forward thinking advertising solutions on new platforms such as the iPad."
The Evo iPad app launched in December 2010.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - £60K - Fashion - Buckinghams Salt £55000 - £65000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Italian Marketing Executive, Travel, Soho Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, London
- Private Bank - Digital Marketing, eCRM Campaign & Marketing Operations Manager - Associate - London J.P.Morgan JPMorgan Chase & Co. offer an exceptional benefits program and highly competitive compensation., Knightsbridge
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'