Mercedes-Benz takes over Evo iPad app
By Katherine Levy, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 18 April 2011 03:45PM
Dennis Publishing's Evo magazine, the monthly car title, has created a bespoke campaign with Mercedes-Benz to promote the new C-Class Estate Sport on its iPad app.
In a deal worth over £80,000, according to Dennis, the car manufacturer has taken a "lock-out" on advertising for the April and May issues of the Evo iPad app. No other advertiser will have a platform on these two iPad issues.
The ads include film and photography of the car created by the in-house film team, Dennis Films.
Dennis said the campaign will see the first interactive 360 degree view of the interior of the car, created with Adobe software.
Viewers can navigate around the inside of the vehicle via the iPad app, which also features an interactive panorama view of the interior.
An ad on the app showcases 10 of the best improvements to the C-Class series and pixelated images focus, when clicked on, to reveal the modified areas of the car.
Media for the Mercedes-Benz campaign was planned and bought by Maxus.
Jonathan Kitchen, commercial director, Dennis Publishing, said: "We are constantly pushing the boundaries of innovation for our advertisers with our cross-platform brands such as evo, and the lock-out with Mercedes-Benz has really allowed us to demonstrate how we can create exciting and forward thinking advertising solutions on new platforms such as the iPad."
The Evo iPad app launched in December 2010.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Integrated Producer - Advertising agency Daniel Marks London £50-60K + Benefits., London
- Digital Project Manager - Exciting eCommerce Solutions ADLIB £28000 - £40000 per annum, Bath
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £65,000, Central London
- Research Manager - Sky Community Panel Sky Benefits, West London