Magnum offers online game for pleasure seekers
Magnum, the Unilever-owned ice cream brand, has launched an interactive game that follows a young female "pleasure seeker", as part of its new global positioning, "for pleasure seekers".
The game, made by Lowe and Partners Stockholm-based agency Lowe Brindfors, follows a woman making her way through the internet in acrobatic style to get hold of the "ultimate pleasure", a Magnum ice cream.
As players make their way to the star prize of a Magnum ice cream, they can generate points by capturing chocolate bon bons, a key ingredient in the Magnum Temptation ice cream.
Players can challenge friends to beat their scores through an email invite or via social media sites, including Facebook.
As part of a series of brand partnerships, the character travels through a number of product websites, driving a Saab 9-3 convertible through the desert, somersaulting into a Samsung tablet, and diving into a pool at Hotel San Martino.
Lowe Brindfors filmed a trained ballet dancer performing 50 different movements, which were then stitched together in post-production so that the character moved realistically through the game.
In keeping with the marketing mantra of using "bought, owned and earned" media, the integrated campaign will use bought media, including banner ads, and earned media such as social networking sites, to drive traffic to the game, which is hosted on the Magnum-owned MyMagnum.com domain.
Lowe and Partners is Unilever's global lead agency for Magnum and is responsible for both online and offline campaigns.
Last year Magnum teamed up with Asos.com, the online retailer, for a game that gave users the chance to win prizes by making a virtual, and elegantly dressed, thief "dash and grab" as many items as possible in 60 seconds.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager! BRAND LED ACCOUNTS!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Branding up to £39k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £39000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager Emma & Rachael & You £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Press Officer Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film